PT Reviewing Rules Adjustment

DollarAndADream

This is just a quick announcement that after some thoughts and consulting of updaters, the rules regarding the 1 TPE reviews have been altered a little bit.

Previously, the rule has been "They should consist of at least 1 Constructive Paragraph". Many took this as something very simple, with 1-2 sentences of easy writing that could be pasted to any PT. Reviews for graphics like, "Nice work! I like the colours." and things of that nature. That's obviously not the purpose of reviewing, and should go into more detail than that for both writing and graphics. Reviews should be giving good feedback and offering advice if they have it too, especially for graphics. For the majority, reviewing has been fine, but this is just a little alteration to clear up what's being asked.

I've recently edited the pinned topics in those PT sections to say as follows,

"They should consist of at least 1 Constructive Paragraph with 3-4 sentences and 75 words minimum."

Hopefully this combats the smaller, quick reviews of 10 words that people try to claim. If you have any questions, you can DM me or ask in here.

Review:

In general, your writing is clean and coherent, and I like the fact that you organized this in a way that's easy to follow. There are a couple grammatical mistakes that I'd like to point out that could improve your writing in the future, should you choose to continue it.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Reviews for graphics like, "Nice work! I like the colours." and things of that nature.

This is an incomplete sentence. Usually, sentences consist of a subject (the thing that's being talked about) and a predicate (the thing that the subject is doing, or being subjected to, or really anything having to do with the subject that isn't a mention of the subject itself). This is just a subject--you're talking about reviews, but you're talking about reviews that are like "Nice work! I like the colours," and you're also talking about "things of that nature". The whole thing is a subject! You can change the structure of your sentence in a few simple ways to make it grammatically correct, an example of which is as follows:

Reviews for graphics [your subject, which will be separated from the predicate here by the convenient insertion of a verb] often look like, "Nice work! I like the colours," and things of that nature.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Reviews should be giving good feedback and offering advice if they have it too, especially for graphics.

This is an improvement from the above in that you give us a complete sentence. However, you don't seem to like commas. Here, there should be a comma after "it" and before "too", as there is a bit of a natural pause in that space if you are to read the sentence out loud. From the standpoint of aesthetics, and easier reading, you may want to forego the "too" in favor of an "also" after your "should", but that's just personal preference.

In the future, be sure to include a picture, and maybe some bold headings.

Score: 3/10

I'm not actually upset by this; I just want to shitpost

Review:

The rule seems like a good idea to curb cheaters, like the Vancouver Wolves who abuse the meta. As far as the actual rules implemented 3-4 sentences is good but 75 words minimum is not 3-4 sentences. I've typed three sentences and haven't even hit 50 words.

Overall 5/10 on the rule change good intention but poor execution.

@DollarAndADream

6 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Review:

In general, your writing is clean and coherent, and I like the fact that you organized this in a way that's easy to follow. There are a couple grammatical mistakes that I'd like to point out that could improve your writing in the future, should you choose to continue it.

This is an incomplete sentence. Usually, sentences consist of a subject (the thing that's being talked about) and a predicate (the thing that the subject is doing, or being subjected to, or really anything having to do with the subject that isn't a mention of the subject itself). This is just a subject--you're talking about reviews, but you're talking about reviews that are like "Nice work! I like the colours," and you're also talking about "things of that nature". The whole thing is a subject! You can change the structure of your sentence in a few simple ways to make it grammatically correct, an example of which is as follows:

Reviews for graphics [your subject, which will be separated from the predicate here by the convenient insertion of a verb] often look like, "Nice work! I like the colours," and things of that nature.

This is an improvement from the above in that you give us a complete sentence. However, you don't seem to like commas. Here, there should be a comma after "it" and before "too", as there is a bit of a natural pause in that space if you are to read the sentence out loud. From the standpoint of aesthetics, and easier reading, you may want to forego the "too" in favor of an "also" after your "should", but that's just personal preference.

In the future, be sure to include a picture, and maybe some bold headings.

Score: 3/10

I'm not actually upset by this; I just want to shitpost

Luckily I don't want to claim TPE for this.

3 hours ago, Frank said:

Review:

The rule seems like a good idea to curb cheaters, like the Vancouver Wolves who abuse the meta. As far as the actual rules implemented 3-4 sentences is good but 75 words minimum is not 3-4 sentences. I've typed three sentences and haven't even hit 50 words.

Overall 5/10 on the rule change good intention but poor execution.

@DollarAndADream

Whatever, Frank.