Dream Team Comprising Of Each Of My Players' Teammates

MubbleFubbles

As the title says, I’m picking a team of 6 players that were the best that my players played with, but with the caveat that I’m only going to pick 1 player who was a teammate of each one of my players. So for example, I’m not going to pick two players who played with my lone HOFer Edwin Reencarnacion and not pick anyone who played with The Board Game Clue On Skates, every era’s gonna get represented. Which is why I’m leaving Aackckqz Ky off this article since he was a player I had during the “Two Player” era of the VHL, so his era aligns with Threencarnacion.

C – Podrick Cast @Victor (Played with Edwin Preencarnacion for Riga Reign in Seasons 61-66)

My players have played with quite a lot of good centers over the years (The standout of the remainder would have to be Thomas O’Malley in Season 47), but there’s no doubt that Cast is the player who belongs in this position. Cast and Preencarnacion were drafted third and sixth overall respectively by the Riga Reign in the Season 61 Draft and the duo were quick to make an incredible impact on the team. Through their first four seasons paired together, both Cast and Preencarnacion were both in the top 10 in goals, with the highlights being the duo combining for an incredible 144 goals in Season 62 and their Continental Cup winning efforts in Season 63. When I think about players who have brought out the best in me, Cast is top of the list.

LW – Jorma Ruutu @jRuutu (Played with Edwin Reencarnacion for New York Americans in Seasons 44-49)

The lone player on this list who I was also GMing at the same time that my player was playing with him, Ruutu’s first player in the VHL was a key asset into the Americans six season playoff streak from Season 44 to Season 49 and was also a big part of our Continental Cup win in Season 47, a side that Jorma Ruutu was the captain of! Most impressive about that season was Ruutu’s 18 Game Winning Goals, which at the time broke a record that had stood since the very first VHL season courtesy of Scotty Campbell and as we know, when you’re being compared to Campbell, you’ve done something very noteworthy!

RW – R.J Jubis @Jubis(Played with Edwin THE Encarnacion for Calgary Wranglers in Seasons 70-76)

It’s a bit of a surprise to me that our Wranglers team never won a Continental Cup, but a player who certainly put us in that position to win it was the Wranglers main offensive threat and also (for most of that run) the GM of the team, RJ Jubis. Jubis led the team in points in three straight seasons, from Season 72 (where the team also won the Victory Cup) to Season 74. While he didn’t get any personal awards for those seasons, he was recognised for his strong play with an All-VHL First Team selection in Season 72 and an All-VHL Second Team selection in Season 73

D – Conner Low @Smarch (Played with Edwin Encarnacion for Saskatoon Wild in Season 34)

The lone VHLM representation on this list, Encarnacion’s time with Conner Low in the VHLM is a big reason why I’ve stuck around as long as I have. With no other actives outsides of ourselves and a GM who wasn’t the most active in the locker room, it wasn’t setting up to be a particularly great first experience in the league for myself, but bringing in Low boosted our LR activity immensely as we’d have discussions about the most ridiculous things in there at times. Entering the S35 VHL Draft, I went 5th overall and Low went 6th overall. It would have been interesting to see this pair team up one more time in the pros given that Low was the greatest defenseman of his generation, picking up five straight Labatte awards, and Encarnacion went on to break defenseman career records for hits and PIMs and finished second in career shot blocks

D – Milan Dvorak @solas (Playing with The Board Game Clue on Skates in Season 82)

So obviously when it comes to Clue, it’s difficult to pick a player for this spot so early but since I gave the M a slot, I figured I’d give the E one as well and shout-out Solas, who funnily enough I’d just said in the Chicago Discord that we hadn’t been on the same team in ages, completely forgetting we were on the same team right now (Clearly I’m still getting used to this trade!). Dvorak is proving his worth as the top defenseman taken in the S82 Draft, leading the Rush’s defensemen in points and shot blocks. If Dvorak winds up as good as his last player Jean Pierre Camus, everyone involved goes home very happy!

G – Apollo Skye @Velevra(Played with Edwin Threencarnacion for Quebec City Meute in Seasons 53-54)

“To every great goalie, there is a great backup” is not a phrase that anyone uses ever, but that was the case in the early Season 50’s when the Quebec City Meute (Now the Vancouver Wolves) boasted both one of the best goalies in the league and the best backup in the league. This was clearest for all to see in Season 53, where Skye was a comprehensive leader in save percentage among starting goalies (so much so that he won both MVP and Top Goalie honours for the year) and the player with the next highest save percentage was his backup Threencarnacion. This carried into the following season where, spookily enough, Skye and Threencarnacion shared the same save percentage (.933, which was enough for Skye to once again have the highest save percentage among starters) and Goals Against Average (1.5). Threencarnacion later moved on to Davos as it was no longer feasible to keep Threencarnacion on as a backup once he entered the Prime Salary Brackets, but Skye would continue on with Quebec for the remainder of his career and eventually got inducted into the Hall of Fame.

1020 Words (Claiming for W/C 20/3 and 27/3)

Edited by MubbleFubbles