Theme Week Fun

JB123

The VHL has been a great experience over the time I've been here. It's been a fun pastime and led me to meet many new people. I've enjoyed the past six or so seasons a lot and am excited for what's still to come. There are many who I could thank, so let me get started...

@Laine for introducing me to the league, I was interested in something like the VHL but had no clue about it. That was right after you swept me in HD and went on to win the cup. Hoping sometime in the future we can meet in the playoffs again for a rematch! Lol. Also for helping me in the ProAm when I was getting into management, it was a lot of fun. You did a great job laying the foundation in Oslo as well. I think my first ever trade was with you too.

@Juice and @fromtheinside for being my first GM and AGM in Yukon. Still feels weird that it's gone. You drafted me late when my player didn't look very promising at a glance. You both helped me gain an understanding of TPE and how the league worked. Thanks for encouraging me to apply for AGM jobs and Scotty - thanks for joining the Marlins and helping to make that playoff run a blast! 

@Alex for our shared time in Yukon and as VHLM GMs, and for the fire articles you write for VSN. Glad you got the GM job in Davos, well deserved! 

@dlamb for hiring me for my first AGM gig with the Lynx and later, in Warsaw. You taught me a lot about scouting and running a team and I appreciate that. Thank you for the opportunity to try managing at the VHL level with the Preds, and sorry I had to leave mid-season lol.

@diamond_ace  for taking a chance on me twice - drafting me to Prague and hiring me as San Diego GM. Also for probably holding all the trivia records in the Marlins discord, lol. Same goes for @McWolf . You both were/are fantastic commishes and I had an awesome experience in the M. @Dom you were very helpful when I started with the Phantoms and also as a GM when you were with the Rush and I was just beginning. Trivia in Yukon was a good time. Thanks for joining as a waiver with Molotov too, you and Scotty really provided a boost going into the playoffs.

@Zack for helping me to become a better manager and gain a GM role. Building Ottawa for the future was awesome and you've done a great job with the team. Still wish we could have won that Game 7 though. Haha.

@TheNeonShaman for doing an outstanding job as San Diego AGM; in the locker room, during the draft, with trades, and so on. I know you will get back into management if you so choose. Also, your trade trees are awesome!

@Minion for giving me my first taste of VHLE management, and talking about Boston sports teams. You did well as a GM and were easy to work with in Geneva. Always a good time to chat about Bruins, Celtics, Sox or Pats games.

@samx for joining HD and for playing trivia in Yukon, Halifax, San Diego etc. Also for being concerned about the well-being of the fish in the tank, lol. 

@badcolethetitan for joining the VHL and being so active in HD. You help make both leagues very fun to be a part of.

@Acydburn for always trying to improve the Phantoms, I know that we will break through soon! This part goes for @rjfryman too, thank you both for hiring me to lead the Storm, being very approachable when I have questions and for checking in with the GMs regularly to see how we're doing.

@ctots for being an excellent AGM in Oslo, keeping the LR interested during an otherwise tough season. You always have meaningful input when it comes to roster decisions. You will have no problem gaining a GM position when one comes up. For now, excited to have you in Oslo as we look to transition out of a retool! 

And to all the players, thank you for making GMing so enjoyable. Wishing you nothing but the best in the future and I know you'll go on/continue to do great things. Thanks to everyone I've worked alongside as well and for the trade talks. And last but not least to everyone else who has made the VHL great to be a part of and who has helped me along, including those who help to run the league (commishes, simmers, updaters, mods, recruitment team, fantasy, VSN, and staff in general). 

Edited by JB123
How did I forget updaters?!