2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

So it sees that Garth Snow has finally figured out this whole GM thing. Damn, the Islanders just got a whole lot more interesting to watch this season.

Other then the Vanek deal (which he was put under a lot of pressure to pull off) he has had a very good track record in terms of prospects we've picked up (Hammer, De Haan, Okposo, Bailey , Grabner etc etc) and the blue chips he was able to add. Hard to call them blue chips since they haven't yet played in a uniform but I'm feeling confident this season. We have the best player in the league healthy again and this team is starting to get a lot of respect

Other then the Vanek deal (which he was put under a lot of pressure to pull off) he has had a very good track record in terms of prospects we've picked up (Hammer, De Haan, Okposo, Bailey , Grabner etc etc) and the blue chips he was able to add. Hard to call them blue chips since they haven't yet played in a uniform but I'm feeling confident this season. We have the best player in the league healthy again and this team is starting to get a lot of respect

lmao

I didn't say top 5. I said the best, numero uno

I'd like to see what he does over a longer body of work though to make that claim. He isn't the strongest in his own end

8Ovechkin8, on 05 Oct 2014 - 4:55 PM, said:

No one said anything about him not being top 5.

Agreed. I think hes the NUMBER 1 player in the world. Everytime I watch him he does something I didn't think was possible. He makes everyone around him better. His defensive game is MASSIVLY underrated, using strength to win most battles against the boards and always knowing where the puck is going to go. His nact for putting the puck in the net is better then anyone. John Tavares is the Number 1 hockey player I the world.

Agreed. I think hes the NUMBER 1 player in the world. Everytime I watch him he does something I didn't think was possible. He makes everyone around him better. His defensive game is MASSIVLY underrated, using strength to win most battles against the boards and always knowing where the puck is going to go. His nact for putting the puck in the net is better then anyone. John Tavares is the Number 1 hockey player I the world.

Not even top 2 in his own division.

I respect your opinion but Stamkos, Crosby and Teows are on a different level from everyone else in the league right now.

Don't forget BizNasty

I took Varlamov with my 2nd round pick for my fantasy team. Did I fuck up? I know he played great last season and it looks as if Colorado will only get better as time goes on. I just wasn't sure if I should've taken him in the 2nd round. My other goalies are Elliot and Holtby.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Richardson - Vey - Kassian

Dorsett - Matthias - Hansen

Well the second line might end up being a massive black hole, but at least the bottom six forwards look the best they have for the Canucks for a long time. Plus Horvat is still injured. That second line is definitely going to need one of the kids (Kassian, Jensen, or Shinkaruk) to step up though.