2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

As a Caps fan I have to say I hope you guys just carry over from the performance against Colorado. However I do feel that with us on the tail end of back to backs as well as you guys getting throttled meaning you'll likely come out strong, I don't think we are going to pull this one out. 

But who knows, maybe we will. Hopefully another strong performance from Brooks Orpik, regardless of the price point him and Niskanen were a SERIOUS upgrade to our AHL blue line last season. 

Haven't checked this thread since that loss against the Avs. But yeah, Canucks came out strong against the Caps and won. It was a pretty good game.

Burrows headshots Emelin. No call. Bonino scores 5 seconds later.

GJ Refs.

Burrows is great.

Iam thinking Emelin dove on that play, but god I am really loving the new Canucks right now. Bonino is doing what he should be doing as a 2nd line center, Sbisa has been playing solid on defense. Miller is 6-1-0 so you cant complain and Vrbata is filling right in for Kesler.

Therrien: "(Emelin) can't even speak"

Well..

EDIT: But he's back.. wtf, how?

Edited by FueledByRamen

Iam thinking Emelin dove on that play, but god I am really loving the new Canucks right now. Bonino is doing what he should be doing as a 2nd line center, Sbisa has been playing solid on defense. Miller is 6-1-0 so you cant complain and Vrbata is filling right in for Kesler.

Lol okay homer.

It was a very clear shot to the head.  Nothing else was even contacted.  

Edited by Advantage

Doesn't call Burrows' hit on Emelin. Result: 1-0 VAN

Call a weak interference call on GIlbert in OT.

During that PP, Bieksa blocked Plekanec the same way Gilbert "did".

Seconds later, Henrik to Daniel. Result: 3-2 VAN

GG Refs.

Typical fans of player that got head shoted, if I was a Canadiens fan I would be mad on that play. But Burrows most definitely was not trying to go for the head, he has no past in doing so and has been a clean player since biting Marchands finger although that was necessary.

Typical fans of player that got head shoted, if I was a Canadiens fan I would be mad on that play. But Burrows most definitely was not trying to go for the head, he has no past in doing so and has been a clean player since biting Marchands finger although that was necessary.

Oh expert of breaking down players mindsets from behind the TV...how did you come to this conclusion?

You said Emelin dove, which is a joke.

Intent isn't the only thing that matters with a cheap shot. He hit him in the head, he should be suspended, it was an ugly, awful play. People have been suspended for being reckless, and that certainly was. The fact that the refs didn't call anything is also very ugly. 

Oh expert of breaking down players mindsets from behind the TV...how did you come to this conclusion?

You said Emelin dove, which is a joke.

Are you stupid? You can tell if a player is "head hunting" opposed to finishing a check, if crosby laid that hit on tanner glass for example would you care? Probably not.

Are you stupid? You can tell if a player is "head hunting" opposed to finishing a check, if crosby laid that hit on tanner glass for example would you care? Probably not.

Lol am I stupid.  You are a fucking moron.  I guess that shoulder that only caught his head and nothing else (and was late) is a great example of a guy just finishing a check.  And I suppose if that was Emelin laying out Burrows you'd be calling foul and whining all over the boards.

It was a garbage fucking hit and the fact it wasn't called is stupid.  He'll get suspended for sure.

Lol am I stupid.  You are a fucking moron.  I guess that shoulder that only caught his head and nothing else (and was late) is a great example of a guy just finishing a check.  And I suppose if that was Emelin laying out Burrows you'd be calling foul and whining all over the boards.

It was a garbage fucking hit and the fact it wasn't called is stupid.  He'll get suspended for sure.

No I wouldnt really wouldnt care because I know the way Emelin plays. But think what you will bud.