2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Doesn't call Burrows' hit on Emelin. Result: 1-0 VAN

Call a weak interference call on GIlbert in OT.

During that PP, Bieksa blocked Plekanec the same way Gilbert "did".

Seconds later, Henrik to Daniel. Result: 3-2 VAN

GG Refs.

Gotta see it from both sides. That penalty in OT is a pick, it's in the rulebook. However there was a pick on VAN that they missed 30 seconds later which was the same exact play. They didn't call the Burrows hit which isn't suspendible but it is a late hit which is 2 min. They never called goalie interference on Gally though. So yes the Refs did suck, but don't say it was every one sided because there were things the refs fucked up for both teams.

Doesn't call Burrows' hit on Emelin. Result: 1-0 VAN

Call a weak interference call on GIlbert in OT.

During that PP, Bieksa blocked Plekanec the same way Gilbert "did".

Seconds later, Henrik to Daniel. Result: 3-2 VAN

GG Refs.

Fuck off with that. The officiating was garbage both ways. There were a couple of shit calls on Dorsett and Edler earlier in the game. Emelin was off balance and it created a bad situation. The first Habs goal shouldn't have counted in any universe. Both teams got a shit goal, both got a good one. 1-1 going into OT and the Canucks won fair and square. Gilbert's interference penalty was beyond blatant. Bieksa got away with one, we've already established the refs suck. The goal definitely wasn't seconds after Bieksa and Plekanec collided either.

You guys can shit on Burrows all you want. Claim he's dirty. He's never been suspended in his career. He is not a dirty player.

Edited by Sandro

Fuck off with that. The officiating was garbage both ways. There were a couple of shit calls on Dorsett and Edler earlier in the game. Emelin was off balance and it created a bad situation. The first Habs goal shouldn't have counted in any universe. Both teams got a shit goal, both got a good one. 1-1 going into OT and the Canucks won fair and square. Gilbert's interference penalty was beyond blatant. Bieksa got away with one, we've already established the refs suck. The goal definitely wasn't seconds after Bieksa and Plekanec collided either.

You guys can shit on Burrows all you want. Claim he's dirty. He's never been suspended in his career. He is not a dirty player.

I'm an unbiased source agreeing that I don't think he is an overly dirty player.

I just don't agree that it isn't a bad hit. It's a reckless head shot, and he should be suspended for it imo. He'll probably get 2 games...

I'm an unbiased source agreeing that I don't think he is an overly dirty player.

I just don't agree that it isn't a bad hit. It's a reckless head shot, and he should be suspended for it imo. He'll probably get 2 games...

It didn't say it wasn't a bad hit. Emelin was off balance and stumbled, creating a bad situation that resulted in a headshot. It was late either way, Burrows should have let up. I don't think it's suspendable (the NHL seems to not give a shit if the guy isn't injured either) but should have been penalized.

Edited by Sandro

What does him being a dirty player have to do with making a dirty hit?

I never claimed he was dirty myself, but that was a dirty hit.  To the head, late...not sure what else to say.

Wasn't really directed at you, just the overly salty Habs fans here and on Reddit. Fucking tired of it.

EDIT: Shit like this is embarrassing.

Edited by Sandro

I just remembered that Subban's ground and pound on Daniel Sedin got ignored too.

Yeah. Refs fucking sucked tonight. Don't act innocent, Habs fans.

Nice exaggeration.

You literally quote one person and now you are painting us all with the same brush.  Getting a little old.

I guess I should quote Kesler and reference all Canucks fans as 6 year old whiners who make ridiculous claims right?

Nice exaggeration.

You literally quote one person and now you are painting us all with the same brush.  Getting a little old.

I guess I should quote Kesler and reference all Canucks fans as 6 year old whiners who make ridiculous claims right?

Kesler isn't even a Canuck anymore, how is he relevant?

Lmao at the "goalie interference" supposed call on gallagher

Bieska NEVER pushed him and the puck WASNT in the net before the "interferance"

(Sarcasm if you didn't saw)

Gallagher made zero attempt to avoid it.

It's his role to be in front of the net. Bieska 200 lbs vs 175lbs Gallagher, he didn't have much chance on those split seconds

Thats all great, but he still never made an attempt to move. It wasn't really a push as much as its Gally skating in knowing where the goalie is. Good player, good guy (met him several times) but the way he plays he often finds himself in trouble like that (thats a fact too). If you want to make stupid claims, make sure theres nothing that went uncalled on your side either, that's all I'm saying. It's a game everyone, tomorrow is Friday and a new set of games takes place. If you hate the results, complain about the way the game is played, not the players who play within it.

Both teams had missed calls.

Refs were bad for both teams.

No need to make this one-sided, it's just looks incredibly bad on both fan bases.

Oh. Well. Yeah go ahead and call him out, he was being a fucking idiot earlier.

Wanna suck a dick? There you going again saying something bad about it. Can you just stop? Like honestly I cant fucking stand reading your posts.

Wanna suck a dick? There you going again saying something bad about it. Can you just stop? Like honestly I cant fucking stand reading your posts.

Then ignore me. You ranting about Emelin diving was just... no.

Edited by Sandro

Gotta see it from both sides. That penalty in OT is a pick, it's in the rulebook. However there was a pick on VAN that they missed 30 seconds later which was the same exact play. They didn't call the Burrows hit which isn't suspendible but it is a late hit which is 2 min. They never called goalie interference on Gally though. So yes the Refs did suck, but don't say it was every one sided because there were things the refs fucked up for both teams.

the interference on gally happened after the puck went in though. Also he was cross checked in nothing could be done there. Burrows has a hearing so he'll get at least a game or a fine so it was dirty for sure, deserves 2 games IMO. The pick on Gilbert was called idk waht you're talking about. Vancouver had two in OT on their PP neither was called. 

It's one game out of 82 so no skin off the habs back since they're first in the league, but they got jobbed IMO.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 12h12 hours ago
Text book suspension hit by Burrows on Emelin. Late, head is avoidable, doesn't hit body before he hits his head. Can someone tell me diff?
Quote:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 2h2 hours ago
As I said last night, responsibility falls on Burrows here. I'm be surprised if he doesn't get 2-3 games for that one.
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2h2 hours ago
Will wait for the Safety Dept to rule, however, I don't see any way Alex Burrows isn't suspended for the hit on Emelin last night.
Quote:
Conor McKenna ‏@mckennaconor 5h5 hours ago
McKenzie on @tsn690mornings: "I don't think there's any question, there's gonna be a suspension in this case." re: Burrows on Emelin #TSN690
Quote:

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 14h14 hours ago
@ADSeegz Not saying Burrows intended, but that wasn't a clean hit. Not close.

ePYokf8.gifE

mrw emelin dove