2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Matthias is a joke, I honestly hate him so much especially considering we traded him and Marky for an elite goaltender. (But please do not give me a smartass response Sandro, because I am simply stating my opinion).

1b585a4dfb592a24db1f2ec8c474be1b.png

The kid has obviously some high expectations to live up to knowing that we gave him a solid centre like Hodgson for him. Now Cody has defensive lapses coming out of every area of the rink, but I feel the Canucks would be better with Cody. My issue with Kassian is your last point, his commitment and effort level. It just appears that he is a lost puppy out there and needs direction otherwise he is a ticking time bomb ready to deliver a late hit, turnover the puck or take an unnecessary penalty. People in Vancouver are so set on having the "next Bertuzzi" that they don't notice that Kassian isn't that and won't be that. His hands are being overrated by most because so far if he had the hands that guys like Bertuzzi or Franzen had he would be able to pot goals on whichever line he is on be it the 1st, 2nd or even the 3rd. I see him as a 3rd line player like you but I only see about 20 points per year. That's great, but which round was he drafted in? He is the next Eric Fehr (without the children book). Also, get rid of that god damn haircut.

I know im late to respond to this but Cody defensive lapses? Hes a two way forward he has been his whole career(watch him in Brampton kid was amazing on the PK). Hes a better defensive player than he is an offensive player. Your watching a bad team around him not his actual play clearly.

As for him playing Wing anyone ever think that most of there best young players are all C? And his career FO% in the NHL was bad because he just wasnt strong enough

Edited by Gooningitup

I know im late to respond to this but Cody defensive lapses? Hes a two way forward he has been his whole career(watch him in Brampton kid was amazing on the PK). Hes a better defensive player than he is an offensive player. Your watching a bad team around him not his actual play clearly.

As for him playing Wing anyone ever think that most of there best young players are all C? And his career FO% in the NHL was bad because he just wasnt strong enough

I don't know man I've watched him play defense on the Sabres and its pretty bad. He's never been known for that actually. He has been known for his offensive zone IQ.

I don't know man I've watched him play defense on the Sabres and its pretty bad. He's never been known for that actually. He has been known for his offensive zone IQ.

Musta not watched him for 3 seasons in Brampton then lol. That or he changed his game after the back injury

Anyways its personal opinion no point in argueing im just going based on what i remember and have seen. If you saw different thats your opinion

Edited by Gooningitup

Kesler constantly bitched and moaned about having to play the wing. Do you think for a second that would've worked out if he was permanently moved there? C'mon.

Comparing the players you did is kind of silly to me. I wouldn't call them the same player at all. I wish I could combine Kassian's hands with Matthias' work ethic, that'd definitely be nice. But Burrows, Higgins, and Hansen all play very different games from those two.

Kendrick basically answered what I meant about those other players.

On the first part I don`t know why I wrote Kesler on the wing. I meant Hodgson on the wing and Kesler at C because Hodgson`s D game has been bad for the Sabres.

At the same time though, Kesler might have bitched about playing wing but when he went to the wing years ago when Sundin was here that`s when he broke out as a more offensive player. Sundin went to C and Kesler went to the wing and that`s when Sundin showed Kesler how to play a more offensive game.

Musta not watched him for 3 seasons in Brampton then lol. That or he changed his game after the back injury

Anyways its personal opinion no point in argueing im just going based on what i remember and have seen. If you saw different thats your opinion

Well regardless of Brampton he is in the NHL now and his defense is not very good. I'm not arguing, I'm discussing it haha. That'w hat this area is for. It's common knowledge his defensive game is bad and I've heard that from not only fans but scouts, as well as watching myself. So yes its an opinion, but it's common opinion. I like the guy too, but he is simply not the greatest in his own end.

So you point out that Markstrom still has to prove himself in the NHL (which he does) but keep citing Hodgson's time in Brampton? I don't care if he was a two-way forward in junior, he definitely isn't in the NHL.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES LETS FUCKING GO CANUCKS. Goddamn Bonino is a fucking all star, and I am so glad Eddie for the win especially against a tough team like the Ducks.

Eddie`s grin at Kesler after Kesler hit the post failing to keep the shootout going was hilarious.

Eddie`s grin at Kesler after Kesler hit the post failing to keep the shootout going was hilarious.

Yeah haha, he also said something to him when Kesler tried one of his famous wrist shots thats doesnt work anymore.