2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Yeah...6-0 not long ago before it was 6-1 just now. Craziness.

I didn't even realize Sergei Shirokov was on the Russian roster. I still remember how much he was overhyped as a Canuck.

Oh god I remember him :lol:

Oh god I remember him :lol:

I hope you remember, since it was only 5 years ago that he was a Canuck. I still remember him scoring a hat trick in the pre-season. Then he had 1 goal in 2 NHL games, got sent down and that ended it. He eventually went to Florida, didn't make their team and went off to the KHL.He's actually had a decent career in the KHL, and this past season he had 34 points in 33 games with Avangard Omsk.

Lol I remember a bunch of people on the Canucks message boards hyping up a line of Shirokov - Schroeder - Grabner. All 3 of them barely ever played for Vancouver after being drafted, and even now they're not exactly top 6 caliber players. Shirokov in the KHL is, Schroeder is bottom 6 in Minnesota, and Grabner has been all around the lineup with the Islanders.

Edited by DollarAndADream

I hope you remember, since it was only 5 years ago that he was a Canuck. I still remember him scoring a hat trick in the pre-season. Then he had 1 goal in 2 NHL games, got sent down and that ended it. He eventually went to Florida, didn't make their team and went off to the KHL.He's actually had a decent career in the KHL, and this past season he had 34 points in 33 games with Avangard Omsk.

Lol I remember a bunch of people on the Canucks message boards hyping up a line of Shirokov - Schroeder - Grabner. All 3 of them barely ever played for Vancouver after being drafted, and even now they're not exactly top 6 caliber players. Shirokov in the KHL is, Schroeder is bottom 6 in Minnesota, and Grabner has been all around the lineup with the Islanders.

I remember him getting time with the Sedins and blowing it lmao. But it seems like any player that can play in the NHL can go over to a European league and kick ass. For example Dale Weise during the lockout, was like ppg over their. Then scores like 3 goals in 3 seasons with the Canucks lol. 

I remember him getting time with the Sedins and blowing it lmao. But it seems like any player that can play in the NHL can go over to a European league and kick ass. For example Dale Weise during the lockout, was like ppg over their. Then scores like 3 goals in 3 seasons with the Canucks lol. 

KHL is probably a lot tougher than the European leagues though. Still, Shirokov never cut it...hell, he couldn't even manage to crack the Panthers' roster.

So many people on the Canucks forum thought he was the next Bure after he scored that hatty in the pre-season when he played with the Sedins.

HOLY SHIT IS ANYONE ELSE WATCHING THIS GAME!?

A FUCKING HEADER!? Shaw is actually Skrtel in disguise.

Crawford is standing on his head.

Anaheim's first line is tearing the BlackCocks to pieces.

Anderson STONES Chicoage just before the end of the second OT

The Official British Chicago fan club in the UK sent out a tweet at the end of the first OT - "please Chicago - it's 4am here - end this soon.

Oh man - 15 more minutes until it restarts...