2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Eh there is too many teams in need of that type of scoring. We know that Toronto is going to have him on the block, all you need from there is a team willing to pay. Something that due to the sheer volume of teams interested I think will happen. 

I think you'll see them get lower than what they ask, not because of skill but because if they want both gone in the same deal, there will be adjusts on Toronto's end before there is adjustments on the other teams end.

JVR? They keep. Kessel? Doubt it. He gets sent along with Dion imo and they go younger. Teams will give up top flight prospects.

Even as a Caps fan I'd gladly give up a young stud player like Burakovsky + to make a deal work for Kessel. Babs knows he has to work with young players to really change the culture, and I don't think many of that old core sticks around. Maybe Kadri? But with his attitude issues last season I doubt that. JVR is really the only forward up front I see them keeping just because of his potential/age. Either way, as a hockey fan I'm excited to see what happens with the Leafs here. 

Attitude issues with Kadri? They have treated him like shit, hes probably going to leave as soon as he becomes a UFA.

Also Nonis had a deal in place for both Kessel and Phanuef at the td but knew he was gonna be fired so was like yeah I might as well hold onto them to not fuck the team over in the future.

Lets make up crazy shit and post.. lol Brovy this isn't HockeyBuzz

Gotta love the Babcock signing in Toronto, probably the best coach to come to Toronto since Pat Quinn and the money means nothing to MLSE but the 8 years was crazy with no out clause, looks like there is a plan in place now lets see if they follow it.

As for the off-season for the Leafs they will try to trade Kessel/Phaneuf/Lupul/Bozak etc for draft picks 

JVR actually might get traded as he probably has the highest trade value behind maybe Kessel if team don't bitch about his contract

Phaneuf will be traded but they're will be a bad contract coming back and I'm ok with it 

Yeah holy goals in small timing batman! It was 2-1 when I went to the underground parking to move the car, came back and it's 4-4 now.

The push backs and flows of momentum was absolutely intense. 

Basically what this means to me is I'll have to play as Chicago or Tampa Bay for the NHL 16 demo. Glad there's at least one new team I can screw around with...I'm tired of being Chicago/LA in the demo.

This is assuming that the NHL 16 demo will be the same as all of their previous demos, where you play one period of the Finals.

So the two most fun teams in the league in the final?

Also is winning the cup restricted to five teams since the lockout?

Which lockout?

Also, it isn't a restriction thing. There are just certain teams that are elite when it comes to playing playoff hockey. The Hawks are basically a dynasty at this point regardless of if they win this year imo. 

• Admin

Yes because their good lmao.

Is their good everyone's good?

Victor is right though, it seems a select few teams have made it very far consistently.

Mhmm. I'm even tempted to include Tampa in that smartly managed elite group. 2004 cup, 2011 conference final, 2015 final, that's better than most.

But especially the past few years: Chicago, Boston, LA. The latter two replaced by Anaheim and NY this season and those two have been pretty strong consistently too.

It's deserved but it's also a bit of an indictment on the idea of "parity". 20% of the league actually has a shot at the cup.