Analyzing comments

jRuutu

third-party-audit-250x250.jpg

Salutations. After VHL was hit with the news of general manager of New York Americans stepping down due to constant negativity directed towards them and the New York Americans organization. It was speculated that a trade thread involving New York was the final nail in the coffin, GM of New York decided to resign.  I wanted to get to the bottom of this, I wanted to find out if we can possibly find the user who is mostly at fault, can we find the user who most likely should be banned due to their actions in the trade thread?

From start to bottom, each comment, one by one. I have included a short analysis and a verdict for each comment.

N0HBDY
"Seattle scam"

Analysis: Tough to say what is going on here. Are they accusing Seattle for scamming New York and Vancouver, or are they calling Seattle a scam?

Verdict: Not likely to cause New York GM to step down.

Banackock
"Welcome Esso2264 and DarkSpyro. I’m happy to finally have you in the LR Spyro and very happy to have Bird back on the team. Last time he was with us was back at the start of the golden bear era. YVONNE!
Beaviss thanks old dog. See you around. "

Analysis: Fairly traditional "welcome" message from a GM.  Beaviss was also called a dog, I like that.

Dlamb
"Gif of Tom Cruise asking: what?"

Analysis: Rather difficult one to analyze, three-team trades are tough to figure out, so is this a user just sharing what they are feeling? Are they asking "what?" one/every team involved in the trade is doing? Nothing previously suggests the gif is directed at New York specifically. 

JeffD
"Gif of a lady scratching their head"

Analysis: Pretty much identical words can be said about this post.

Gaikoku-Hito
"Interesting in hearing how all this progressed as I see this as: *lists all the assets involved*, then there is a guy saying "my brain hurts" in a gif.

Analysis: This message from Gaikoku-Hito highlights how difficult to understand the three team trades can be. It indeed can make your brain hurt. 

Frozen Block
"puk!"

Analysis: Fan of one of the players involved are screaming their name.

Rory
"I love the game of "how much Cow is willing to give away for a Seattle cap dump"

Analysis: This message clearly suggests that New York GM, "Cow",  is helping Seattle to reduce their cap, and not only that, New York is suggested to being the one doing all the paying. Worth pointing out this message received four(4) laughing reactions from JeffD, V.2, Dom, and Spartan. 

Verdict: Good chance in making New York GM to step down.

Gustav
" Thanks for the breakdown because I always have trouble keeping these kinds of deals straight.
This seems like a huge win for Seattle! Effectively trading MDM for 2+3+Esso+Spyro...that's amazing value. "

Analysis: What seems to relatively nicely message is actually a tough one for New York, and Vancouver as well. Seattle is stated to be the clear winner for trading MDM for the mentioned assets, which in brutally honest fashion suggests that New York did not win the trade.

Dom
"Damn, Molotov OTB with that market "

Analysis: This is another interesting one. In more humorous way they are saying what Gustav above and what Rory previously stated, New York paid too much. Molotov is the users player, which further shows that the price and assets being moved did not result in a fair trade as the user commenting would trade their own player if similar price is available.

v.2
"Seattles cap space now: $75,000
☠️
Bana sorcery"

Analysis:   Another fact based post. The user is indirectly suggesting that "Bana", the GM of Seattle, managed to do some kind of magic trick as they are just above cap. The use of word "sorcery" emphises the clear defeat of New York, and Vancouver in this trade.

Frank
" Good luck Esso2264  and DarkSpyro.
Hyped we could add Puk to Vancouver! You'll be a big part of the rebuild Otaznik :cheers: "

Analysis: Another welcome message from a GM, what you might expect in a trade thread.

Dil
"Cow wtf you doing homie "

Analysis: This is a fairly basic comment, but with a punch. The user here suggests that Cow, New York GM at the time, is doing something crazy. The user is clearly having hard time understanding the trade from New York's point of view.

Doomsday
"Cow clearly must owe some sort of favor to Bana. 🤔"

Analysis: The user is speculating that Cow, New York GM at the time, owes Bana, the Seattle GM, some kind of favor. During the process they are implying that New York is a clear loser in this trade.

Garsh
"Condition, if New York does not make the playoffs this season the S86 NYA 2nd becomes all of NYA first round picks for the rest of time. "

Analysis:  Another "New York did a crazy trade" - post. This is meant as a humorous remark, but so far I would say this is the meanest as it not only suggests New York did a bad trade, but the trade is suggested to be so bad that only way to make it worse is by including a outlandish condition to one of the assets moving to Seattle.

Banackock
 "Hey… all Cow  gave me was a 2/3 for a 700 TPA player that still earns (welfare) that’s signed for 4 more seasons and I think he has 5 more seasons? Still getting used to new career stuff. That’s not bad!

Beav’s player is not a bad player. He’d be the 4th highest skater on your team in terms of TPE. Of those 4, 1 are similar to beav with welfare and he’s younger than all 4. 😝 The contract is lengthy which holds “some” value. While he’s dropped from his 4OV selection, still a top 10 player in his class too!
I’ve seen a lot worse go for a lot worse :P Cow gets a good player. I fill out my roster. Frank gets help and brings in something too.  "

Analysis: Here the GM of Seattle, "Banackock", is defending the trade, and showing everybody that the trade is something that helps all teams involved.  Is this nice "vibe" true though? So far in the thread Seattle has been seen as the clear winner of the trade by many. Now seeing the GM of the "winning" team trying to calm everybody down could be seen as a handshake and a "good game" after your team has won a game 7-0. 

Spartan
"I'll give you a 3rd"

Analysis:  A reply to a previous comment from a user who stated their own player is available to be traded. Here the user now suggests that 3rd round pick could be more accurate in value, not what teams in the thread paid. Verdict: Not likely to make New York GM to step down.

Dom
" The second last pick of the 3rd round? No thanks"
Analysis: A reply to the previous comment from Spartan. The user is speculating that Moscow, managed by Spartan, might draft late as they could reach the final, which in return makes the 3rd round pick less valuable.

Verdict: Not likely to make the New York GM to step down.

Dil
"S tier joke"

Analysis: Another reply to a previous post. User here is not appreciating the clever humor in regards to Moscow and the possibility of third round pick being loss valuable due to Moscow reaching finals. 

Verdict: Not likely to make the New York Gm to step down.

Arce
"More rumors swirling…."

Analysis: User known for spreading rumours and exaggerations hints that something is happening behind the scenes, but what?

Samx
"Banackock was it for funzies?"

Analysis: This is a interesting one, the user is asking whether Banackock, the GM of Seattle, did something for "funzies"? What is the user refering here, the trade or the post made by the Seattle GM previously where they explained how the trade helps everybody? Is this is inside joke? We do not know for sure.

Summary

Good chance in making the New York GM to step down

Rory
"I love the game of "how much Cow is willing to give away for a Seattle cap dump"

Gustav
" Thanks for the breakdown because I always have trouble keeping these kinds of deals straight.
This seems like a huge win for Seattle! Effectively trading MDM for 2+3+Esso+Spyro...that's amazing value."

Dom
"Damn, Molotov OTB with that market "

v.2
"Seattles cap space now: $75,000
☠️
Bana sorcery"

Dil
"Cow wtf you doing homie "

Doomsday
"Cow clearly must owe some sort of favor to Bana. 🤔"

Garsh
"Condition, if New York does not make the playoffs this season the S86 NYA 2nd becomes all of NYA first round picks for the rest of time. "

Banackock
"Hey… all Cow  gave me was a 2/3 for a 700 TPA player that still earns (welfare) that’s signed for 4 more seasons and I think he has 5 more seasons? Still getting used to new career stuff. That’s not bad!

Beav’s player is not a bad player. He’d be the 4th highest skater on your team in terms of TPE. Of those 4, 1 are similar to beav with welfare and he’s younger than all 4. 😝 The contract is lengthy which holds “some” value. While he’s dropped from his 4OV selection, still a top 10 player in his class too!

I’ve seen a lot worse go for a lot worse :P Cow gets a good player. I fill out my roster. Frank gets help and brings in something too.  "

Facts
8 users posted a comment that could be deemed to be enough to make the New York GM step down.
2 out of 8 users are moderators.
4 out of 8 users are rival general managers.
1 out of 8 users is in the BOG.

Conclusion
After carefully analyzing the eight comments, I have found that not one user can with certainty be blamed for the New York general manager stepping down. However, I am willing to suggest that each of the users should be given a punishment of some kind, or at the very least encouraged to go through some kind of sensitivity training. For the longest of times, I have said that general managers do not receive enough respect. Being a general manager is a tough job, and we all should keep in mind that words do hurt.

Word count

Without quotes: 1283

Claiming

11.7 - 17.7

18.7 - 24.7

For the record my comment had nothing to do with Cow/NY, it was directed at how Bana, a veteran GM is able to maneuver assets so that the team is just hovering within the cap.

Also great article.  Dil’s comment was probably the worst. 😂

Ruutu:

For the longest of times, I have said that general managers do not receive enough respect. Being a general manager is a tough job, and we all should keep in mind that words do hurt.

Also Ruutu:

🤔

• Commissioner
30 minutes ago, rory said:

I will also be sending a 1st round pick to the Seattle Bears.

Only if they get to cap dump in return though right?

• Commissioner
11 hours ago, jRuutu said:

I have found that not one user can with certainty be blamed for the New York general manager stepping down.

I personally think we can pin this one @Baozi

12 hours ago, jRuutu said:

After carefully analyzing the eight comments, I have found that not one user can with certainty be blamed for the New York general manager stepping down. However, I am willing to suggest that each of the users should be given a punishment of some kind, or at the very least encouraged to go through some kind of sensitivity training. For the longest of times, I have said that general managers do not receive enough respect. Being a general manager is a tough job, and we all should keep in mind that words do hurt.

🤔