Jardy's Hecking Podcast, S2 Episode 12: Back in my Day

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Time travel ahead.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Hecking-Podcast--S2-Episode-12-Back-in-my-Day-e1lhvt4

In this season's theme week, I largely talk about how things were in the good ol' days, and make incorrect recollections about Carl Jacobs and who knows what else. I'll tag @Victor to correct my historical inaccuracies. Also Victor, while you're here, name some of @Lenny's players, it's been bugging me.

If you're old like me you might enjoy this. If you enjoy hearing about how backwards/AMAZING the league used to be you might also enjoy this.

Mentions:

@TMGSosa @Kendrick @sterling @scoop @Baozi

Good stuff! It’s always fun to hear about the league before I was here from someone who was there cause there’s definitely some stuff you mention that you’d need that first-person experience to know (Like the old achievement tracker and the problems with lines of the “VHLM GM”). 

• Admin
12 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Also Victor, while you're here, name some of @Lenny's players, it's been bugging me.

Jack O'Riley

Lennowitz Schalkwinnz

and I think we had Wade Wilson on Calgary for about a minute

Will correct all the rest of your bullshit at some point soon.

15 minutes ago, Victor said:

Jack O'Riley

Lennowitz Schalkwinnz

and I think we had Wade Wilson on Calgary for about a minute

Will correct all the rest of your bullshit at some point soon.

Wade Wilson was the one I was trying to remember.

• Admin

Sounds pretty accurate tbh. I'm probably most amused by how defensive people would get about how the VHLM was run and be resistant to change. All the way down to there probably being a 10-season gap between everyone agreeing that the VHLM needed its own sim/simmer and me actually forcing Higgins to set it up.

2 other things:

- thought thx fr th mmrs was older than 2007 so actually a pleasant surprise (?)

- pretty sure they weren't even called 590s even by the time you joined. It's actually amazing how many people call them that still without ever witnessing that name.