Town of Pallet #2 - Sign Up

Ptyrell

Ladies and gentlemen... Town of Pallet is back. And now with more Pokemon! More Areas to explore! More items to buy! And more rules to read!

Studying Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu GIF by Pokémon

Town of Pallet is a Forum + Discord game that is basically a week long multiplayer version of the Pokemon games. You can fill up your PokeDex, battle gym leaders, trade, battle other players, and more.

For new players:

Don't let the long rulebook intimidate you! I tried to set it up so that the most relevant information is at the beginning. Much of the rest of the rulebook acts as a reference for all of the background information in the game. I've also tried to make this information easily available on Discord. You could probably figure things out by hardly reading it at all and seeing what other people do (and I suspect you wouldn't be the first to do so). But I do recommend at least reading the Quickstart Guide and the Actions section to get a sense of what you can do in the game.

Time commitment wise, this game works best if you are able to check in multiple times a day to submit your actions. You can spend longer of course if you delve deeper into planning and strategies, but that is not required. And if there are some days where you can only check in once or twice, that usually is fine too. Total game lasts between 1.5 and 2 weeks.

For returning players:

Thank you for the great feedback and ideas that came from the first game! You will find that quite a bit has changed between last game and this one, though the fundamental gameplay remains the same. Check out the Changelog at the very bottom of the Rulebook to get an idea of the changes. Then you can look back through the rules for more details on any sections you would like to know more about.

Player-mods:
This game also requires that at least 25%-50% of its players help as player-mods. This is to keep things running at a smooth pace across all time zones on a daily basis. Being a player-mod means you still get to play the game in its entirety, but also help process other people's actions. Even helping with just a couple of actions a day can make a big difference while only taking a couple minutes. I strongly recommend that all returning players consider signing up to be a player mod, even if they think they can only help a little. New players can also sign up, though I probably won't have you start until day 3 or 4.

Lets Go GIF by Pokémon

Game will start Wednesday of next week, with roles being given out Tuesday. Check out the Rules between now and then. I will be updating it in the meantime with the new Pokemon and Moves.

Also make sure to join the Discord Channel. If you have any role requests, you can message me on there. So if you would like to play, sign up below!

ash ketchum pokemon GIF

Edited by Ptyrell

Mod me pls; also in as a player this time.

Anyone is welcome to ask me questions on how to mod as well! I can't guarantee I'll know everything but half a game of experience taught me a lot.