Davos Offseason Recap

Alex

HC DAVOS DYNAMO OFFSEASON RECAP

orV41eH.png.efda2d2f5c2f0bdb7369639cbe079d0d.png

Thought I should write about Davos for the first time in a while. Compared to previous seasons this has been a fairly quiet offseason in Davos with only a handful of trades and 2 draft picks. Let's just start off by taking a look at each of the trades made.

TRADES

DAV/RIG

To RIG:
S87 DAV 3rd

To DAV:

Alex Johnston @Alex

From strictly a GM standpoint I really like this trade as we received a top forward in the league and it allowed Hedge to at least get something for an expiring asset that would have otherwise gone to FA.

DAV/MAL #1

To MAL:

Donny Carter @TheNeonShaman

To DAV:

Obi Adesanya @atw2592

This really wasn't an easy trade to make for me as Donny Carter had become a vital part of our locker room and was a great presence on and off of the ice. With the current cap situation it had to be done and I truly with Carter the best of luck this season! Brining in Adesanya was possibly a best case scenario as they will fit perfectly on our 2nd line and brought us to exactly $42 mil in cap hit.

DAV/NYA and  DAV/MAL #2

To NYA:
Hasbulla Magomedov @Motzaburger

To DAV:

Justin Adolfson @Njdevil0298

---------------------------------

To MAL:

Justin Adolfson

S85 CGY 3rd (Mats Zuccarelo @Battlepopcorn)

To DAV:

S85 DAV 2nd (Brayden Albrecht @Gage2)

S86 MAL 4th

This string of trades was essentially my efforts to get a 2nd 2nd round pick to take a forward. I would like to thank Magomedov for their time with Davos, additionally Adolfson deserved his time to play in the VHL and he could get that with Malmo.

DAV/CGY

To CGY:

S85 MAL 4th (Cash Aleksic @glass)

S85 DAV 4th (Brian ott jr @Hayden will)

S85 CHI 4th (Cuyler May @SushiCat)

To DAV:

S86 CGY 4th

This trade was primarily me trying to move the 4th round pick to a later season as S86 should be a very deep draft.

DRAFT PICKS

Pick #19 - Karl Pedersen @JeffD

Over the course of the past 3 seasons I have had a weird amount of luck at pick #19 having drafted both Jake Thunder @Thunder and Noodles Marconi @Eynhallow (the latter of the 2 was traded shortly there after). With that being said one of our main goals with this draft was to take a goalie to serve as our starter in the future. With Pedersen sliding all the way to pick #19 this was an opportunity we couldn't pass up.

Pick #25 - Brayden Albrecht @Gage2

After a goaltender we wanted to pick up a forward as well with our D-core being set for the foreseeable future. Albrecht fit exactly what we were looking for and I was keen to make the pick. I had my eye on them since about the end of the first round as a potential steal in this draft and with how the trades worked out we were overjoyed to make this selection. I'm excited to see how Albrecht develops this coming season in the VHLM.

With Davos not having the cap space to do anything in Free Agency that should pretty well be our offseason. Given our current roster and the extensions signed by Siyan Yasilievich @badcolethetitan, Jake Thunder @Thunder, Pete Mitchell @Crstats23, and David Davis @Josh I am really excited to see what Davos does this season and believe that this group has an extremely bright future ahead of them and is set to take the league by storm in S85!