Vancouver Wolves Off-Season iin Review

Frank

After clinching game 7 against the Prague Phantoms to capture the 86th Continental Cup things moved very quickly in Vancouver. Due to the current league make up and salary cap restraints it was imperative that Vancouver moved quickly to be cap compliant. Thus we traded Kanou finalist Biggie Cheese @a_Ferk to Warsaw for a 1st round pick and @dlamb's player rights. I didn't feel good about the trade in an ideal world we bring back the same group and try to repeat. Unfortunately the salary cap had other ideas. This trade was made easier by Vancouver winning a cup and Cheese having a strong post season. The second big trade of the off season was a lot more difficult to make but examining our cap situation and doing what we can go keep Vancouver competitive going forward (we're talking 4-5 seasons into the future) we had to move @Lemorse7 Alexandre Leduc. This wasn't a deal I or @Gaikoku-hito wanted to make but some times as managers you have to make tough decisions for the better of the organization. Again this deal was made easier by our Continental Cup victory also I believe it gives Leduc a stronger chance for individual awards. After both trades were made we essentially walked away with the 5th overall selection in the S87 VHL Draft which we were proud to select Oreo McFleury @JB123, we were absolutely ecstatic with this pick I was really hoping to get Powers a cup in Season 85 but D.C. squashed those dreams. So now w we get a second chance, at least until they're named a VHL GM. Our third big move was trading all the Season 89 picks to Helsinki. I'd like to thank @Rayzor_7 who I have criticized in the past for his communication throughout the proceeds and @samx for them putting up with my bombardment of DMs despite the be promise of dino nuggies and lack of follow through. After the deal with Helsinki it be allowed us to draft @Spaz the third McFleury brother. Reese has never played in NA before so I was happy to oblige. I still remember the sign up I made for Reinhart a few seasons back. So I better get cooking on a sig for both McFleury's. 

We are nearing media spot territory here so the rest will be short and sweet. I'd like to welcome @Baozi back to Vancouver I really hope we can bring your player another cup. We've had quite a bit of success in the past. @VattghernCZ and @Bobcat I'm really looking forward to you two joining the team this coming season. I have high hopes for the both of you going forward. @Gaikoku-hito @Greg_Di @dogwoodmaple @Bulduray_1 @Xflexz @Tate @TheNeonShaman @Otaznik thank you so much for your hard work this past season and I'm glad we were all able to deliver on that ultimate goal. Give yourselves a round of applause, now let's get another.

:Cheers:

Great read @Frank and you echo the difficult choice we had to make trading away two key members of last years championship team. I hate the salary cap as it makes the job a lot harder. That being said again echoing your statement I think we have kept the team a contender this season to repeat and also give us a chance to be competitive for the foreseeable future.

Now lets relax for a few days before Training Camp, and the start of the season as everyone will be gunning for us this season. It will be a another great season!!

wolves GIF