It's Good to be Home

Advantage

It’s Good to be Home

Pardon the lack of originality with this short article, as this is definitely the one part of this “comeback” that I have not prepared for.  I’m done introducing myself upon returns to the league…it isn’t my first time and heck it may not be the last.  With that being said, it is a true joy to see this league that I actively joined back in Season 17, still kicking and thriving as we approach ninety seasons.

I had been in several football leagues before joining the Victory Hockey League and as many who were part of those leagues with me can attest, you would be thrilled to see Season 3 before the league died.  It is such a refreshing change to see a league who has had its ups and downs, change with the flow and maintain a healthy member base despite the fact that people like me, who joined when they were 18-19 years old, are now 31, married and with way less time on our hands. 

So as I look to start a new legacy for myself in this league, I applaud those who have kept the ultimately legacy around.  I have peered into the Board of Governors Area consistently over the last year or so as I try and keep up with everything just in case I decide to make a return (and to occasionally chime in thoughts and opinions).  With that being said, it’s an entirely different perspective seeing them in-action (hell, I didn’t even realize we combined a lot of the attributes so that was quite the change I wasn’t expecting).

With that being said, if anyone has ideas for a future Fan590 series, let me know.  I intend to bring one consistently assuming I have a good idea to work with.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

despite the fact that people like me, who joined when they were 18-19 years old, are now 31, married and with way less time on our hands. 

Don’t remind me haha. I’m only about 2.5 weeks away from spending officially more of my life in the VHL than outside of it.

Just now, Beketov said:

Don’t remind me haha. I’m only about 2.5 weeks away from spending officially more of my life in the VHL than outside of it.

I am not even kidding when I say this...I had a reference to your facebook page just as an example of how much shit has changed, but ultimately didn't want to dabble too into your personal life.  But yea, you are an OGer...I have been in these leagues since I was 12 which is nuts to me but you've been so consistent for so long when I need little breaks here and there to be able to stay interested.

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Advantage said:

I had a reference to your facebook page just as an example of how much shit has changed, but ultimately didn't want to dabble too into your personal life.

I’m partially curious and partially terrified by what that would be because my Facebook page 16 years ago was pretty fucking cringey

28 minutes ago, Advantage said:

I had been in several football leagues before joining the Victory Hockey League and as many who were part of those leagues with me can attest, you would be thrilled to see Season 3 before the league died. 

So true. It is crazy to think in hindsight that we used to get really hype about the ISL going for 10 odd seasons when this league is now older than I was when I joined the ISL.  

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

So true. It is crazy to think in hindsight that we used to get really hype about the ISL going for 10 odd seasons when this league is now older than I was when I joined the ISL.  

I remember a huge celebration and like a re-theme of the forum and everything for when the VHL hit 15 seasons because it was basically unheard of and now we're passed 15 years. It's craziness.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I remember a huge celebration and like a re-theme of the forum and everything for when the VHL hit 15 seasons because it was basically unheard of and now we're passed 15 years. It's craziness.

I wish I was around for the early days, but I was literally just a few months old when the VHL was created. Kinda shows how cool it is to have people such as yourself who have been around for a long time and for people my age and younger to come in? Like, there have been people that have joined the VHL who are younger than the league itself.

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wish I was around for the early days

I'm not sure you do really haha. The internet wasn't exactly a nice place back in 2007 and the VHL was no exception. We were pretty darn toxic back then. As much as us old farts like the talk nostalgia about how things used to be (back in my day you had to EARN your TPE and you weren't guaranteed 6, plus the weekly cap was only 9!) we're honestly in much better shape as a league then we were then.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

I wish I was around for the early days, but I was literally just a few months old when the VHL was created. Kinda shows how cool it is to have people such as yourself who have been around for a long time and for people my age and younger to come in? Like, there have been people that have joined the VHL who are younger than the league itself.

Jesus.

This makes me feel so damn old 😂

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

who joined when they were 18-19 years old, are now 31, married and with way less time on our hands. 

Oh man, was this how I was supposed to do it?  I started after all that lol

Awesome to see you back, coming from someone who's probably considered a vet by most who already-very-much-established you helped out as a noob. That should provide some context to any noobier noobs who happen to come across this thread.

Active you is one of my favorite people here, so I certainly look forward to seeing what's to come!

• Commissioner
7 hours ago, STZ said:

Wow the auto correct on 0BC

I have no idea what you’re talking about :P

Also it seems we forgot to counter the 0 method, curses, will need to fix that haha