Bana Blabs Down Under #61

Banackock

🇦🇺 Bana Blabs Down Under #59 🇦🇺

S87 VHL Standings

S87 Playoff Index

G'day, everyone. Hope you're all doing well. Busy off-season and lots of fun during this time of season - good to see. Been a lot of fun trades and buzz going around the league which you really like. I know a lot of people don't like the off-season because it takes long, but for GM's it's our time to shine and opportunity to put some things together. It is probably 90% a player sim league, but we definitely offer other aspects like admins, commissioners, GM's and all of that. Especially with the growth of the league. Outside of that, lots has been going on for me - let's catch up!

1. Man, oh man. It has been a crazy time. I don't know about where you live, but in Canada when a property is available at least where I'm around, when a property is available you contact the landlord or property manager and they usually show you the place privately. NOT in Australia. We applied on about like realestate or the Tenant app. It would advertise properties, allow you to check them out and then sign up for planned inspections. These inspections are not like Canada. They're open homes. We went to a studio apartment for 450/week and there was about 90 people there.. It was a full time job. At one point we were literally bouncing from Jindalee (North on the W Coast of Perth) all the way down to Mandurah. Going from N Perth to S Perth, all of East Perth, Scarborough and all of that fun. Good news?
  2. IT'S OVER!!!!! After two weeks + 2 days in Perth and 3 Air BNB's later, we finally got accepted for place and we love it. Great neighbourhood, cute little apartment and affordable. Exciting times! We just got our modem today and finally internet. That's going to take us to the next thing... 

ONE Bana Australia Fact or Learning from the week #2:

K-Mart is INCREDIBLE. I fucking love this place. Want coffee cups or mugs for $1.75? This is your place. Our toaster? $7. Our kettle? $7. I just bought a surround sound system that is currently playing Morgan Wallen over some wine while my partner fills out her stuff for her job (she got a job as a receptionist/admin for a university in WA for 30/hour). EVERYTHING there is cheap but looks and works decent enough. Our cookware was like $25. Our utensils for cooking like 20 and came with 40 pieces. Yeah, it's cheap.. but we're not here to live lavishly. We're here for 9 months or so and man... K-Mart is magical. Now onto the VHL..

• The Bears have been busy. Lots of huge moves. Some were tough. Members like @der meister and @dustywilson22 were not easy to move. Both I got along with really well. Both put big effort into their players. I had a lot of good talks with both. I really enjoyed having both on the team for the first time and because of how good they are, I'd love to have them back. It's tough being a GM. You have such good connections with people. Then you have to do what's right for Seattle or your team. It's not easy, but has to be done. Those that do often have more success. At the end of the day, I'm grateful for these gents. Thanks, Lads, for coming to the Bears and kicking some ass. Both prevailed against something on their own. Dusty on his struggles and keeping on - pushing and becoming something solid. DM for rocking that build while many doubted it and they showed us it can work. STAY
  • Draft is coming up. Seattle basically traded out. I think I'll still be around for the draft even if it's early in the morning. I love that kind of stuff for the league.
  • 10 more seasons and I hit 50 seasons as Seattle Bears GM. When will @hedgehog337 step down???

Using a Store purchase for doubles week. +6 CAPPED and 6 UNCAPPED.

17 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Do they not have K-Marts in Canada?  They are... big here I suppose, but treated as more of a mid/bottom level quality store.  Great for bargains.  Kind of like a Ross.

K-Mart pulled out of Canada years ago. Normal for American chain stores to come and struggle so pull back into US. K-mart, Target, Zellars are a few that come to mind off the bat. After looking up some of the details this is due to the fact that K-mart became Zellars in 1998 before Zellars became Target in 2013 before Target left in 2015. Zellars are now being brought back by The bay company.

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

6 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

K-Mart pulled out of Canada years ago. Normal for American chain stores to come and struggle so pull back into US. K-mart, Target, Zellars are a few that come to mind off the bat.

Angry Baby GIF by Demic

2 hours ago, frescoelmo said:

Do they not have K-Marts in Canada?  They are... big here I suppose, but treated as more of a mid/bottom level quality store.  Great for bargains.  Kind of like a Ross.

K-Mart was bought by Sears, which then went bankrupt. As a result, many of them have disappeared, at least in my area.

24 minutes ago, Doomsday said:

K-Mart was bought by Sears, which then went bankrupt. As a result, many of them have disappeared, at least in my area.

Interesting, Sears is headquartered here it was a slow and painful death :kekw: