Town of Salem #27

Gustav

• Gustav locked this topic

Gustav spends the majority of his work day weighing an endless stream of things on a weighing balance.

He then confirms that the new Spiderverse movie is, in fact, pretty decent. And, after all that, goes home to kill @eaglesfan036.

Eagles was the POISONER. Two days, two alcohol-fueled lynchings of Coven members since this Town's surprise special election.

Last will:

Spoiler

Here is my proposal - there is going to be 1 town, 1 coven, 1 jester, and 1 plaguebearer left tomorrow. Lets all vote up jhatty and let the jester decide our fate. With 4 players left it would take 3 votes, so don’t need to worry about anyone backing out. PS - this might be the best ToS game our group has had, right down to the wire. Well done folks

Gustav will be up and at 'em tomorrow as per usual.

List of living players (6)

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, potentially hide yo self as Night 7 was dangerous.

@Adrest245, having claimed to be targeted by the POISONER yesterday, turns out to have been telling the truth. He was a SPY.

Last will:

Spoiler

Subject is the other member of coven. Trust me, she's never been visited by a member of the coven

We also find that the town's MAYOR, despite being quite effective, seems to not be universally liked. @GoodLeftUndone was killed by the NECROMANCER's ghoul.

Last will:

Spoiler

Seems I will probably die tonight. Drunk Mayor out! ✌️

Day 8, deeper in the game than we usually get, starts now.

But before we do, @Doomsday sneezes so hard that a piece of hoagie comes out of his nose. These damn seasonal allergies. Except, it isn't...with a dead Doctor (who specialized in all things poison-related, anyway), everyone failed to recognize the disease that has slowly been spreading.

A plague has consumed the Town, summoning PESTILENCE, Horseman of the Apocalypse.

Gustav will again be potentially late and will try to not make it super late. Funnily enough, the past few days have all said that for different reasons.

List of living players (4):

• Gustav unlocked this topic

*seemingly locked in his own home, Doomsday continues to bash against the door fruitlessly until finally, it suddenly gives way and he flies out into the street*

Cbs Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

8 hours ago, jhatty8 said:

im not voting anyone either vote me out or nothing is happening

If I'm eventually going down as well, you're coming with me! No vote, unless Doom tips the balance. 

• Gustav locked this topic

Gustav has been partying to a very mild extent (ever done Jello shots in your local science museum? Yes, I swear it was legal/legit). With apologies for the lateness, it's time to close out our day phase.

No one dies! On to the night phase.

That was fast.

Gustav will be up around the same time tomorrow. What happens at that point is up to our players.

List of living players (4)

• Gustav unlocked this topic

"U mfs are all evil I didn't do shit", says @jhatty8. "So Lync me--whoever it was ptyrwll eagles and all theny them"

@Subject056, not being quite sure what's up with that but feeling a bit uneasy nonetheless at being called evil (even though she is--she's the NECROMANCER), decides to kill Hatty, who intentionally or not has honestly declared himself to be a JESTER.

She turns around, relieved to have rid the Coven of one more disturbance, and upon seeing someone...unexpected...in the exit out of, you guessed it, Wawa, says:

"OMG, it's him!"

And dies to @omgitshim, the town's resident PESTILENCE.

And then there were two.

@Doomsday, who's finally successfully scrolled INVESTIGATOR after literal real-life years of trying, has no way left to tip the scales.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ONE AND ONLY WINNER--FOR ONLY THE SECOND TIME HERE EVER--THE PESTILENCE!

I want to take a moment to say that this may have been our best game ever. It's always a shame to see one faction or another almost completely eliminated within a few days, and to see multiple potential outcomes remain very possible all the way into D7 is awesome. To add to that--the lies! The deception! The complete lack of a moral compass! It's what we here in the VHL's secret society of cool-colored roles strive for every day. 

So, as I say at the end of every game, but especially at the end of this one: thank you for being part of it. It's one thing for me to run it and try to do something that's fun for you; it's another thing entirely for you to have fun with it in a way that also makes it fun for me.

I'll see you next time! Yes, I was serious about trying out the ToS2 rules at some point in the near-ish future.

The game spreadsheet is here. If the last few days aren't tracked perfectly, I'll get them eventually when I do stats.

Player list:

@Adrest245 - SPY

@Advantage BODYGUARD

@Alex POTION MASTER

@Doomsday - INVESTIGATOR (!)

@eaglesfan036 POISONER

@GoodLeftUndone MAYOR

@jacobcarson877 - TRANSPORTER

@jhatty8 JESTER

@Lemorse7 - TRACKER

@omgitshim - PLAGUEBEARER/PESTILENCE

@Ptyrell - DOCTOR