VETOED WAR/RIG; S89

VHL Bot

3 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

well, no. Never seen in rules that freshly signed FA cant be traded and I looked at it like 30 min ago 

maybe I'm blind or so

image0.jpg

Idk I was told this many seasons ago. Waiting on higher judgment.

For those not in GM chat, this trade was vetoed by the Commissioner's. Trading for a GM's player for below market value is an abuse of the rule that states GM's cannot sign their own players in FA.

• Spartan changed the title to VETOED WAR/RIG; S89
17 minutes ago, Spartan said:

For those not in GM chat, this trade was vetoed by the Commissioner's. Trading for a GM's player for below market value is an abuse of the rule that states GM's cannot sign their own players in FA.

So if they pay market value can they still complete such a trade?

Or is the issue the fact that they signed as UFA with a team knowing that they would be traded to the team that they manage?

1 minute ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

So if they pay market value can they still complete such a trade?

Yes, a fair value trade for a GM player will usually be accepted. It can still happen now.

2 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Or is the issue the fact that they signed as UFA with a team knowing that they would be traded to the team that they manage?

This is a bit of a gray area, but the real issue is abusing the rule to pay the least in assets for your player.

Thanks @Spartan for the clarification.

I also agree with the assessment that this is a bit of a grey area and should be discussed a bit more behind the scenes but I also agree it is less an issue if fair value in the trade was offered.  

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I also agree it is less an issue if fair value in the trade was offered.  

100%.

If a GM signs with a team in FA then trades a reasonable value for their player it’s totally fine, even if that was worked out in advance of FA. The problem comes from clearly signing with a team that will accept the lowest possible offer whether it’s fair or not.

All trades involving a GM getting their own player get reviewed to make sure they aren’t unreasonable. This is a pretty easy call.