Around the League

Scurvy

The off-season is here (still) and I am glued to Pro AM and World Cup of hockey now.   So for this weeks Around the League in 500 words I figured I’d talk about a few trades, potential free agents, and some other random shit.  

TRADES:

There has been some serious movement as of late.  Seattle has been particularily busy this offseason after narrowly missing a win on the Continental Cup.  It looks like they are going for a Win now mentality and I Love to see it.  Here is a quick breakdown of some moves.

Seattle Acquires: S89 3rd and Cole Pearce @N0HBDY for S891 to Warsaw.  Big trade to Seattle with an all-star goalie in Pearce.  Warsaw looking for re-build looks like.

Vancouver Acquires: Nico Pearce @Moon for draft picks to Prague.  Huge addition to an amazing offensive talent in Pearce.  41 goals last year, the potential Hall of Famer is looking to make his final season count.  

Helsinki acquires Chip Stone @DoktorFunk for S891 S902 from Seattle.  Again, Seattle in the headlines moving a very talented Stone to Helsinki.  Helsinki is lucky to have this point per game player.  Stone looks to have come into his offensive talent last year notching 35 goals. 

Rip Wheeler @ScottyP to Calgary from Riga for Larry Abass Jr.   Well, if I saw this trade happening last season, I would have said Calgary won this trade with a hungry upstart in Rip.  But looking at his update log compared to Abass they may have missed the mark.  I’ve been trying to get Rip motivated but it’s falling on deaf ears.  

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

Some big names have made some signings recently and I’ve been watching a few.  The biggest name this year would have to be The Board Game Clue on Skates (BGCOS) @MubbleFubbles.  The TPE earning beast has been a constant in Chicago and I am sure the offers were coming in droves for him. He ended up signing with defending champs, London. With the roster they have now I expect them to right back in the title talk for next season.

Some other notable signings include:

Vasile Lamb @dlamb- Riga 

Biggie Cheese- NY

AK92 Wit da Hoodie- WAR

RE-CREATE NAME IDEAS

I have two season left with Brian Payne and I am looking forward to watching his career be completed.  However, I have begun thinking of names for my next player and was looking for some feedback.  I still don’t know what kind of player I want to make (other than a TPE earning beast).  I played Defense in hockey growing up so I am aways partial to Dmen but I might try a forward just to see.  Any I am thinking of a Duncan Idaho style player so bear that in mind when I give some name examples below:

Logan Ninefingers

Ogie Oglethorpe

Annomander Rake

Carl Racki (best hockey movie ever)

Anyway, not sure if any of these are in the running but if you like one (or more) of them let me know.  

Best of luck