VSN Is Hiring!

Alex

Hey there all! With some recent shuffling of VSN staff, we have a few openings to improve coverage. In this vein, welcome @TopTiddee2 to the team! They will be helping out with VHLM related content with their first post coming soon 👀!

Now onto openings! For regular VSN, I am looking for two or more dedicated writers to assist with VHL/E related content. Your responsibilities would include writing an edition of VHL Weekly every two weeks, recapping the past week in the VHL. Additionally, you would contribute to VSN's irregular projects, such as ranking articles, WJC/WC coverage, and any other ideas that come to mind. Feel free to brainstorm some yourself! Job Pay is 8 capped TPE, which replaces your PT for the week. Word requirements are 600+ for one week's pay, and 1100+ for two (what you will likely be writing). I'm looking for someone who has strong writing skills, can put out consistent, quality work, and enjoys diving deep into the trends and topics around the VHL. 

Next opening, is another role within VSN Scouting. As a part of VSN Scouting, you would be working under our head scout, @jacobcarson877. You would be helping out with big articles such as the Mock Draft, VSN Scouting's Future Watch, and other projects that highlight up and coming players in our community. Job Pay is the same as previous; one week of 8 capped TPE for 600+ words, and two weeks for 1100+ words.

Lastly, we are looking to hire one or two more people to do graphics for our articles. Job pay for this would be 8 TPE per graphic, each graphic would accompany a article.

Feel free to reach out to me (or Jacob regarding Scouting) if you have any questions! We are looking forward to reviewing your applications. 

Edited by Alex

I am on the fence about applying. I am a good writer and would like to write in an official capacity. That being said, the idea of writing of writing double the amount of words of a typical article is intimidating and exhausting. As much I want to highlight up and coming players, I feel like I do that in 500 words and not try to knock myself out trying to reach over 1000 words. I just don't know if I am up for it.

21 minutes ago, Will3 said:

I am on the fence about applying. I am a good writer and would like to write in an official capacity. That being said, the idea of writing of writing double the amount of words of a typical article is intimidating and exhausting. As much I want to highlight up and coming players, I feel like I do that in 500 words and not try to knock myself out trying to reach over 1000 words. I just don't know if I am up for it.

600 is the minimum (one week of 8 TPE), 1100 gets you 2 weeks of pay (8 one week, 8 in the next0

Edited by Spartan

Applying, I regularly write 1500+ word media spots and run the Las Vegas Aces radio show Radio Las Vegas, which also puts out consistent articles and high quality content

Applying, although with my schedule I’d be looking to contribute as a writer or scout 👍🏻

Edit: actually with how much work I put in for my own draft boards for scouting, that would be a really good fit for me!

Edited by KaleebtheMighty

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Lastly, we are looking to hire one or two more people to do graphics for our articles. Job pay for this would be 8 TPE per graphic, each graphic would accompany a article.

Applying!

On 7/11/2023 at 7:43 PM, KaleebtheMighty said:

Applying, although with my schedule I’d be looking to contribute as a writer or scout 👍🏻

Edit: actually with how much work I put in for my own draft boards for scouting, that would be a really good fit for me!

i recommend this man write here