Awkward Welfare Question

Rin

Returning member, new account...wasn't sure where else to post this, but figured I'd throw up a topic.

I remember being relieved at passing the right threshold on my 2nd player, since it meant I would be able to claim 5 TPE welfare going forward. Especially by the end of Winter's career, I was burning out hard and greatly welcomed the idea of passing on PTs for a loss of 1 TPE.

But welfare is done automatically through the portal, which wouldn't know to give me 5 TPE instead of 4 (unless I forfeit my right to it by nixing the old account). Just want to pose the question, since I'm not intending to go super hard on this next player if I'm not feeling up to it- the change in welfare would be nice to have.

If you talk to Josh, he can manually change it so that your account gets 5 instead of 4 for Welfare. You just need two 700+ TPE players on that other account to qualify for it. 

Dear Rin,

thank you for contacting VHL Customer Service!

We know how hard it is to try, especially when you don't have to. Therefore, based on the information you have provided, we would like to offer you the possibility to earn 6 TPE from Welfare! No need to do point tasks at all, so you will get to enjoy the VHL experience without having to go "super hard".  Alternatively, you can use code: "TooHardToEarn" to claim your 1000 TPE bonus.

As a side note, make sure to write down your password somewhere, so you don't forget it. When you have to remember to click a few buttons each week, login information can be easily forgotten.

If you have any further questions - do not hesitate to ask!

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

You'd need to login to the portal before I can change it manually but yeah that's all we have to do.

Can definitely do that, just need to log in with the new one I'd imagine?

38 minutes ago, Josh said:

can change it manually

More of a technical question for my own curiosity- is it just a flag associated with the user that gets flipped when requirements are met, or does it check each time to see if 2+ qualifying players are linked to the portal user? Or in other words, is it just flipping a bit in the database or a re-mapping of the old players to the new account?

Ofc it doesn't really matter, web stuff is my living now so I'm just curious how others implemented solutions

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Rin said:

More of a technical question for my own curiosity

It's a flag on the user that normally gets auto-flipped once the user has 2 players that reach the threshold, but we can also set it manually. Basically anytime a non-pension player clicks the welfare button it re-evaluates to see if they should get pension now.

• 3 weeks later...