STAR WARS EPISODE VII... THE FORCE AWAKENS

Sandro

Meh, the new ones won't ever top the old ones because they've made it too futuristic and CGI killed it.

CGI and "too futuristic"... that's what ruined them... Not the whole "not being very good movies" thing? You haven't been following the movie much if you're still saying that, they've been very clear about trying to invoke the aesthetic of the original trilogy. Not just with how they film it, but through the use of puppets and models, shooting on location/actual sets, etc. The Phantom Menace had a decent mix of CGI to real sets, but after that the prequels were basically 90% blue screen.

I'm just trying to figure out how Star Wars of all things can be too futuristic.

Futuristic from a production standpoint not a plot standpoint. All the new equipment and techniques that tried to use for different parts of those movies just made it way too fake in addition to a horrible plot line.

CGI and "too futuristic"... that's what ruined them... Not the whole "not being very good movies" thing? You haven't been following the movie much if you're still saying that, they've been very clear about trying to invoke the aesthetic of the original trilogy. Not just with how they film it, but through the use of puppets and models, shooting on location/actual sets, etc. The Phantom Menace had a decent mix of CGI to real sets, but after that the prequels were basically 90% blue screen.

Actually I have and the plots of the past three have sucked, they may have been clear but they obviously were catering to the current 6 years old fan boys instead of the people 25+ years and higher. Shooting on location on the fictional planets? Strange. I just find this franchise has taken a real nose dive and only a really really good plot line would reel me back in. If not, well then it doesn't really get into my top 5 Movies series' of all-time like it used to be. Just a tad disappointed.

I was worried at first, but this has me pretty optimistic. The leaked set/prop photos and concept art look great, the cast seems pretty solid, and the subtitle isn't terrible.

Edited by solas

• Commissioner

Is this prequel or sequel?

Sequel. The ones in production / pre-production are Episodes 7-9. I think it's supposed to take place ~40 years after "Return of the Jedi" but I could be wrong.

Edited by Beketov

Sequel. The ones in production / pre-production are Episodes 7-9. I think it's supposed to take place ~40 years after "Return of the Jedi" but I could be wrong.

30-ish years, but close enough. This title makes me think the rumours about Luke basically going missing after Jedi and being in hiding since then are true.