Quitting Marijuana for good :)

Kisslinger

Recently a trip to the hospital and a few doctors appointments opened my eyes and i received a few diagnoses (nothing super serious i will live!!) but one of them was a thing called CHS, Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome. Basically for the last couple of months I’ve been having uncontrollable vommiting, sometimes up to 20-25 times a day and i finally have had enough. It got to the point I was calling into work, putting off important things because i couldn’t even function. I could barely eat or keep things down, I was taking multiple super hot baths and showers everyday as that is the only thing that would help the feeling go away.

I always thought it was something else, another underlying issue but all along it was the thing i used to chill out and relax, weed. Little did i know not only did i grow a dependency on it but it was slowly hurting me and it was just only gonna get worse and worse. I honestly at one point didn’t know if i would be able to make it one day without smoking as i was a really heavy smoker, multiple joints, bongs or thc carts to keep me “happy”. 

I know it has only been 3 days but holy hell i can’t believe i haven’t touched it since. I know it’s super early but i just wanted to share my progress to hopefully inspire others to maybe quit or lean back. I know @Banackock has a thread documenting his journey from quitting cigarettes and it really inspired me to start my own journey and bring this awesome community along with me. I intend to stay sober and make better life choices moving forward and I can’t wait to show you all. 

Cheers guys and here’s to being sober!

IMG_6796.jpeg.093fc0c99fc2df4f1163b297f4efd819.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kisslinger said:

I honestly at one point didn’t know if

Genuinely read that as 'I honestly at one joint didn't know if'

Jokes aside, I was not aware that MJ can have negative physical influence on the consumer.

Thanks for sharing and best of luck on your way to independency (so to speak)

Congratulations on quitting. Lots of good resources online for Canadians as well if you need further help and I know quitting cold turkey can feel like an uphill battle.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-use/get-help-with-substance-use.html

Edited by Smarch

Can’t say what’s good and what’s not, but if this is your mission and what you desire in life, I’m really happy that you made the choice and executed it. We all know not smoking it is a lot healthier than smoking it lol. I’ve quit weed twice in life. Once at 20 for work (for 6-7ish years) and then once again recently for work before returning to Canada. It can be a challenging time certainly - especially when I/you/we used frequently and all of that jazz. I was daily, all day, relaxing on the beaches and having fun. However, it gets easier and it gets easier quicker than others. 

Still going strong on quitting cigarettes. It’s mind over matter but to this day, I still want one from time to time and struggle. You and your kind are as strong as you allow/push it to be. Good job! If you ever feel weak or struggle, you can always fire me a message. Hell, if you just want to chat about the experience - fire me a message or share here. Doing that (sharing with others) and my one smoke free app hugely helped! 

cheers Kissy @Kisslinger

50 minutes ago, Banackock said:

PS I miss weed EVERY DAY. 😂 so if you’re going through it, I relate. 

Haha, for me lately it is only at night that i really crave it. During the day i can really distract myself with work. But all in all so far it has been pretty easy minus those view moments where i think, “a joint would be nice right now” but i know those thoughts will leave eventually haha

1 hour ago, Kisslinger said:

Haha, for me lately it is only at night that i really crave it. During the day i can really distract myself with work. But all in all so far it has been pretty easy minus those view moments where i think, “a joint would be nice right now” but i know those thoughts will leave eventually haha

For some they do, some they don't. 3 years later and I still catch myself telling people "I love smoking" blah blah and have cravings still. Mind over matter.  I quit weed before we left Perth and went over to the East Coast. Quit in September. The other 3 people I live with smoke it and damn, I wish, lol. But it's fine. I'm fine around it and not having it despite wanting it lol. You got this, dog. 

Hell yeah, good for you (and it's always nice to see some real-but-positive stuff on the forums)! 

You've probably heard "the first step is admitting you have a problem" enough times, but it couldn't be more true and I think the fact that you've got the sense to make a change in your life despite your mind fighting against it says an incredible amount about the strength you've got. I think the VHL has done well in supporting you so far, and I like to think that's not just because we're nice people, but because you deserve it.

One day at a time. Can't wait for the good-news updates to drop at some point!

On 12/19/2023 at 11:37 PM, Gustav said:

Hell yeah, good for you (and it's always nice to see some real-but-positive stuff on the forums)! 

You've probably heard "the first step is admitting you have a problem" enough times, but it couldn't be more true and I think the fact that you've got the sense to make a change in your life despite your mind fighting against it says an incredible amount about the strength you've got. I think the VHL has done well in supporting you so far, and I like to think that's not just because we're nice people, but because you deserve it.

One day at a time. Can't wait for the good-news updates to drop at some point!

This was sweet, i really appreciate it, Gustav!! still going strong!!! One week without weed tomorrow! The support from the people in the league has been unreal and I couldn’t be happier to be apart of this awesome family!

On 12/19/2023 at 6:25 PM, Banackock said:

For some they do, some they don't. 3 years later and I still catch myself telling people "I love smoking" blah blah and have cravings still. Mind over matter.  I quit weed before we left Perth and went over to the East Coast. Quit in September. The other 3 people I live with smoke it and damn, I wish, lol. But it's fine. I'm fine around it and not having it despite wanting it lol. You got this, dog. 

Thanks brotha! Most of my friends and some of my roommates smoke too, but honestly it has been a blessing because i know i can be around it and not have them tempt me but rather support instead! 

On 12/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, comrade cat said:

Wow even though I'm very late but holy shit man good work even if it's little be proud of every hour you do 

Thank you i appreciate it, hit two weeks today!

• 2 weeks later...

Keep at it, I've kicked it since Oct 1st! The first two-three weeks were tough (especially the first 10 days where my sleep was brutalized) but noticed that my sleep quality since has greatly improved which obviously has so many positive impacts in general. 

Not sure what stage you're at but it's not even something I miss now. Got that way pretty quickly.

Edited by Knight

• 1 month later...

Figured I should do an update and let everyone know that I’ve been keeping busy and sticking to my goals of being weed free!

it has been a fast two months and i have been doing amazing physically and mentally, been eating more, working more. Just generally more motivated and clear minded and it’s thanks to everyone’s support and i appreciate everyone and I’m super proud of myself for not giving in once! I’ll try to update as the months go by but i feel like bigger milestones are when I’ll post next :) 

IMG_7141.jpeg