Trouble in Toronto?

v.2

w640xh480_GettyImages-1258356123.jpg?ts=1685650850

Season 92 has officially begun in the VHL, and fans of the Continental Cup winning Toronto Legion have carried their excitement and energy through to the new season.  Things for the club however are not looking too hot so far.  After a bit of a rocky off-season, which forced the team to start opening night with holes in their roster, the club sits third last in the entire league.  Could the cup hangover be real for this once electric squad? 

On top of the abysmal performances, aside from a few key guys like star centre Jimi Jaks @ke1viand top Dman Bobby Bob @Baby Boomer, there have been rumblings from within the management offices of a shakeup.  Statements such as "We are going to have to make a huge decision here soon" and "I think selling may be in our future" have echoed through the corridors of the Legion's board rooms.  But for a team not so far removed from a championship, is pushing the panic button the right move this early in to the season? 

Forward Mac Atlas is struggling mightily.  With his 6th VHL season now well underway, the forward has only been able to put up 8 points in 12 games played.  Not ideal for the captain who had an absolutely stellar playoff performance.  In a recent report from an "unnamed" Toronto sports media outlet, it was highly rumoured that Atlas may have to expect a change of scenery soon if he can't find his footing.  The offer allegedly came from Moscow Menace GM Euron Leonidas @Spartan , and consisted of 2 picks and a player for Atlas straight up.  Moscow are off to a stellar start and boast a rich roster of young talent seemingly ready to compete.  Right now it doesn't feel right to ship off the captain right after winning it all, and especially for a player who has been loyal to the club and city, making Toronto his home.  As it stands, Atlas remains a UFA after this season, something his agent is blatantly unhappy with.

If Atlas were to be shipped off to Moscow, would the dominoes begin to fall?  The team realistically still has a super strong core in Jaks, Atlas, Bob, Callahan @dstevensonjr, Fitzroy Jr. @Moon, and net minder Castle @animal74.  While it is impossible to retain everyone due to the rising cost of these contracts as these players progress, it's hard to justify tearing it down this fast.  As is evident from last season, where the Legion also had a turbulent start, it is possible to right the ship and go all the way.  

There is no doubt that this is a dedicated group, and the locker room holds strong.  The issues with the Legion stem from depth concerns, and some fans like to place blame on the off-ice and off-season antics of former Legion player Montgomery Burns.  Burns went through a PED scandal half way through last season, but was able to recover and rejoin the squad for their cup run.  Where the relationship soured after that remains unknown, however in a leaked phone call from management the words "Burns did fuck us over" can be heard uttered.

Fans of the Toronto Legion remain optimistic despite it all, as they have seen this club overcome adversity in the past.  It is frustrating to start a season in the basement of the league, but riding the high of winning the league last year should carry through no matter what happens. 

579 words

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Is it tampering if I reply to this article??

If you would like to tamper DM me.

7 hours ago, animal74 said:

Speaking of tampering, @rory your goalie name is going to be tampering with the goalie stats page layout for the next eight seasons. 😭

I don`t know why but my stupid brain just thought of a name for my new player:

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ NowyouknowyourABCs!! LOL!!

Still doesn`t look as bad as holding down W for 10 seconds!! LOL!!

I guess I could also go with:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!! What!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito
Writing Shit at 3am means no one understands due to grammar, spelling and stupidiness of the thoughts of an over-tired individuals. It like doing drugs and you think you make sense but you don`t so stop writing and sleep will you!!