Wife - (G)I-DLE

Spartan

There's always a random song here and there that I hear once and just scratches my brain and forces me to put it on repeat. For now, that appears to be this random k-pop song that's just 2 minutes long. I amaze myself sometimes.

What also amazes me is that Moscow is somehow sitting 2nd in the EU and 4th overall in the league, slightly past the midway point of the season. I've spoken about our pre-season expectations before - how we hoped to show some signs of progress this season after another rebuilding season in S91. Despite losing Thor Reingaard via trade to Warsaw, the pieces have seemingly started to fall together and the team is now on a 6 game win streak. While the rest of the EU is still very competitive with everyone but Davos seemingly in the race for a playoff spot, it's a great sign that this Moscow squad is putting together an underdog run.

Axle Gunner @Steve and Left Alone @okochastar have both stepped up to lead the team in points with 48 apiece, with Alone leading the team in goals and Gunner in assists. Even third year forward Jeff Lewis @nerji has taken a big step forward with 45 points this season, with all 3 hoping to finish the season well over a PPG. Behind the obvious stars though, sophomore Jarmo Ruutu @jRuutu is about to pass his rookie season total of 39 with just 6 more points with 32 games left in the season. Rookie Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg is having a fantastic rookie run with 37 points in 40 games as a defenseman. Depth like David Rashford @Knight and rookie defenseman Celise Pereira @asteria are also exceeding expectations and putting up valuable points, with Rashford surprisingly 4th on the team in goal scoring.

While many contract situations are up in the air and roster spots remain tight with highly regarded prospects Adi Dassler @BOOM and George Richmond @badcolethetitan eager to make their impact in the VHL, Moscow management feels comfortable in their ability to navigate these personnel scenarios and come out with a strong roster for S93 and beyond.

3 hours ago, Grape said:

No mention of the best defenseman on the team being on the shotblocking leaderboard? Guess I'm being sent to Warsaw smh

Writing was always on the wall

On 1/30/2024 at 1:05 PM, Grape said:

No mention of the best defenseman on the team being on the shotblocking leaderboard? Guess I'm being sent to Warsaw smh

It's OK. We can sit together on the flight to Poland.