VSN Presents: S92 VHLE Playoff Preview

Welcome everyone,

We now entering the best part of the season, THE PLAYOFFS!!! After a really entertaining regular season and a race for the last playoff spot at the end of the season between Rome, Vasteras, and Oslo, we are ready to start the real thing. After winning the last three Renaissance Cup, are the Cologne Express going to be able to defend their title and win a fourth Cup in a row and a fifth Cup in the last six seasons? I guess we are about to find out.

Semi-final #1 – Cologne Express (1) cologne_icon.png vs Rome Gladiators (4) rome_icon.png

Regular season series: COL wins season series 10-6-1.

It does not look like the dynasty of the Cologne Express is about to end and even with a good second half of the season, I am pretty sure that it is not the Rome Gladiators that will stop it. If you look at both team on paper, the Cologne has a better offense thanks to players like Anthony Simmons @Starchychaff, Theo Allard @InstantRockstar, and George Richmond @badcolethetitan. However, Rome can still count on the two highest scoring players of the league in the regular season in BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson @JardyB10 and LeBen Aky @Ben_Reformed. Just like with the offense, the defense of the Cologne Express is superior to the one of the Rome Gladiators. Indeed, defensemen like Jordan Bennett @Plate and Joseph Dubois @Dubois are a big help for the Express. In the net, the Cologne Express have once again one of the best goalies in the league in Clark @cl4rk and we know that Clark is even better in the playoffs as he won the last two Florida Man Trophy who is awarded to the most valuable player in the playoffs. In conclusion, the Cologne Express are just too good for the Rome Gladiators, but I still think that they can win a game or two.

My prediction: Cologne wins in 5 games

Semi-final #2 – Bratislava Watchmen (2) bratislava_icon.png vs Stockholm Vikings (3) stockholm_icon_xp4r5d1.png

Regular season series: BRA wins season series 8-6-1.

This semi-final is a little bit different from the other one as the two teams are looking similar on paper. Indeed, the top three forwards of the Watchmen in the regular season (Chris Sanzone @handfullofbubba, Kimi Raikkonen @mattyIceman and Mikko Borisyuk @Minebro) have similar stats to the top three forwards of the Vikings (Riley Martin @Smarch, Alexandre Crosby @hockeyis66 and Isaac mclflopper @sportexperts show) as they have a total of points of 219 and 228 points respectively. It is the same thing with the defensemen with Darko Alexander Malkovich @AColdCanadian and Vlad Von Carstein @Dom for Bratislava and Guntis Gavilrovs @Girts and Hannibal Barca @DreMin15 for Stockholm. In the net, Pipo Popa @npuBeT and Giorgiy Costanzov @Mongoose87 also have similar stats. However, when you look at their team stats in the regular season, the Bratislava Watchmen had a way better season than the Stockholm Vikings. Indeed, Bratislava finished the regular season with a record of 47 wins, 22 losses and 3 losses in overtime for a total of 97 points in 72 games and Stockholm with 35 wins, 31 losses and 6 losses in overtime for 76 points in 72 games. So, it is difficult to predict this series, but I still think that I must go with the Bratislava Watchmen.

My prediction: Bratislava wins in 6 games.

Final – Cologne Express (1) cologne_icon.png vs Bratislava Watchmen (2) bratislava_icon.png

Regular season series: season series is tied with a record of 6-5-1 each.

This series is going to be really tight, and it could honestly go either way. Indeed, when you look at the rosters of the two teams, you can see that they are almost identical, so if a team can end the sequence of the Cologne Express, it is the Bratislava Watchmen. However, when you look at what Cologne did in the last five seasons, it becomes really difficult to go against them in the playoffs.

My prediction: Cologne wins the Renaissance Cup in 7 games.

Thanks everyone for reading, I wish you all good luck in the playoffs and see you in another VSN article.