Eminem and Rape

AIM-11

Sandro:

- I have nothing against rappers who actually sing about worthwhile content that contributes to society or has positive meaning. The same goes for every genre of music, as well as movies, this isn't just a rap thing, however rap music is the main and most popular source for such content, so it gets to be the beaten dead horse. Don't just waltz into the conversation and act like you are high and mighty and I am an ignorant fuck. They can rhyme about rape, necrophilia and murder all they want, they have the right and it's something as an American that I've defended and will continue to do so,  but I won't personally agree with it and I won't support it, because it negatively affects people and is hurting our culture and society, there is nothing positive about Em saying he is going to rape Iggy, and that is tame for him anyway, and if you can't see that than you are the immature child.

Tyler:

- Classic, pulling the race card as soon as your losing an argument, unfortunately for you  I don't give two shits about what race you belong too, we are accountable for our own actions, your skin color doesn't give you a free pass. I am not racist, I have nothing against black people, or any minority for that matter. The fact that most of the rap/hip-hop music in discussion today is sung by minorities speaks to a cultural problem, it isn't me being racist.

Edited by Merica

Still spouting that "it harms our society" bullshit with nothing to back it up.

So you don't think a 10 year old listening to Em sing about previously stated material will negatively impact him? Young minds are incredibly impressionable.  It's common sense.

Sandro:

- I have nothing against rappers who actually sing about worthwhile content that contributes to society or has positive meaning. The same goes for every genre of music, as well as movies, this isn't just a rap thing, however rap music is the main and most popular source for such content, so it gets to be the beaten dead horse. Don't just waltz into the conversation and act like you are high and mighty and I am an ignorant fuck. They can rhyme about rape, necrophilia and murder all they want, they have the right and it's something as an American that I've defended and will continue to do so,  but I won't personally agree with it and I won't support it, because it negatively affects people and is hurting our culture and society, there is nothing positive about Em saying he is going to rape Iggy, and that is tame for him anyway, and if you can't see that than you are the immature child.

Tyler:

- Classic, pulling the race card as soon as your losing an argument, unfortunately for you  I don't give two shits about what race you belong too, we are accountable for our own actions, your skin color doesn't give you a free pass. I am not racist, I have nothing against black people, or any minority for that matter. The fact that most of the rap/hip-hop music in discussion today is sung by minorities speaks to a cultural problem, it isn't me being racist.

For someone who isn't racist you sure use the same language as racists. I'm not going to even continuet his convo becuase you're a troll

Still spouting that "it harms our society" bullshit with nothing to back it up.

I can honestly say that if a young individual is exposed to lyrics like those, he will think that those things are acceptable if he starts to develop a liking or new found respect for the one saying them.

For someone who isn't racist you sure use the same language as racists. I'm not going to even continuet his convo becuase you're a troll

You played the race card, it's the number one thing not to do in an argument. Because now it just looks funny.

I can honestly say that if a young individual is exposed to lyrics like those, he will think that those things are acceptable if he starts to develop a liking or new found respect for the one saying them.

Possibly, I listened to Eminem when I was 11-12 but I knew well enough that many of the things he would rap about were bad things. That's a failure by the parents to 1) let their young child listen to that music and 2) not explain to them the content of the lyrics if they allow them.

First you play the race card, than the troll card. Bravo.

Guaranteed the illuminati found out Bill Cosby was planning to speak up against them because he old af and ain't scared anymore. So they hired/paid a bunch of women to suddenly come out of the woodwork after 30 years and make these accusations against him, tarnishing his name and reputation to the point where he no longer has an audience willing to listen or believe him.

^ This is the answer to this thread. 

pxzero won the thread a page back.

Think of it in terms of that famous Evelyn Beatrice Hall comment: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I don't listen to much rap/hip-hop. It's just not for me. The lyrics can be twisted sometimes, yeah. But so can other genres of music. Some films are pretty fucked up. Some paintings, draws, etc. I listen to Rammstein, while their lyrics are in German I know the translations of most of their songs and they sing about some fucked up stuff sometimes. Did Eminem cross a line? Eh, maybe. I don't know the full story upon what brought on that lyric. But isn't his whole thing 1) pissing people off and 2) that Slim Shady is a character? I highly doubt he's going to act on, or encourage anyone to act on what he raps about. It's a fucking art form, it's purpose is for the artist to express whatever they want to. Those who want to sit there arguing fucked up lyrics are "what's wrong with society," please show me some fucking scientific evidence instead of giving me your tinfoil-hat-wearing, Fox-News-watching bullshit. Thanks.

I hope you realize there are rap songs out there that don't rap/sing about any of that stuff... Right? You sound like an immature child trying to be edgy, or some old fuck who thinks that the younger generation is destroying everything.

The younger generation is destroying everything. Back in my day Biggie and Pac rapped about slingin drugs, pimpin bitches and murdering the opposition to their empires. This rape shit though, that's where I put my foot down. Fuckin whippersnappers

So you don't think a 10 year old listening to Em sing about previously stated material will negatively impact him? Young minds are incredibly impressionable.  It's common sense.

Parental Advisories exist for a reason. 

Pxzero did a wonderful job of explaining it. I think this is being blown out of proportion but what the fuck do I know?

"That's why every time you mention a lyric, I thank you for it

For drawing more attention toward it
Cause it gave me an enormous platform
I'm flattered you thought I was that important" ~Eminem; Asshole

Parental Advisories exist for a reason. 

Pxzero did a wonderful job of explaining it. I think this is being blown out of proportion but what the fuck do I know?

"That's why every time you mention a lyric, I thank you for it

For drawing more attention toward it
Cause it gave me an enormous platform
I'm flattered you thought I was that important" ~Eminem; Asshole

Oh, right, because you always did everything your parents said. Parental Advisories are a joke, and with the internet, it doesn't even matter.

My point still stands.

A 10-year-old should not be listening to that stuff. There are bodies out there who determine this. Because they cannot control what everyone under the pre-determined age of appropriateness  is doing, it is the parents' responsibility to do so. Just because there are many people out there who don't take it seriously doesn't mean that it is invalid.

So if a 10-year-old is influenced by listening to shit like this - shame on their parents - don't make it about the music itself.