The VHLE Draft.

The VHLE draft was held today and Annie Oaks @Noodle Enjoyer was selected 6th overall by Cologne, Cologne also added some more firepower by adding Forum Content @frescoelmo at 10th and Jean-Pierre Devote @eagle_3450at 12th. They also added great pieces for next season in Oliver Loo @Peiffy at 18th, Cody Toland @ctoland102 at 19th, and Billy Joel @The goat of hockey at 24th. They picked up a backup goalie in Herald Benson @Benson at 22nd. Cologne had won back to back to back Renaissance Cups before falling short past season, but they appear poised to go the distance once again with their fresh reinforcements. 

Some other notable selections this year we saw Oslo pick up Antonia Bucatini @CowboyinAmerica 1st overall, then Benjamin Abenduct @Schnee at 5th, and UghSike @UghSike at 7th those are 3 quality players and future superstars in the making. Vasteras'  top three picks of the draft were Lucy Leitner @LucyXpher at 2nd overall, Gianfranco Del Rocco @Victor at 4th, and Yermolai Nabokov @fonziGG at 13th. The Rome Gladiators were able to bring in Gul Dukat @MSouthworth at 3rd, Nathan Ecker @Nathan_8 at 9th, and then Vanuza Kolesinka @chikn at 15th. Stockholm's first pick wasn't until round 2 where they got WWumbo @Fire Tortorella at 8th overall, then they selected Aleksanteri Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen @Snussu at 20th, and then Trimiskez Artav @jake at 28th. Bratislava's first pick wasn't until all the way back in the 5th round so their options were limited, they got themselves Ocean Codoller @FreshOceanCod at 29th, Connor Simard @Alex99 at 35th,  and Filip Zinek @FiZi at 41st.

If I had to pick a draft winner it would be the Vasteras Iron Eagles, they had lots of high selections and even managed to pick up two stud goaltenders in Jorgen Lovstrom @Pifferfish at 16th and Ondrej Vencko @Mutti at 26th. Behind them would be Oslo in my opinion followed closely by Cologne. But there was a lot of talent in this draft and it should be an exciting season seeing this new blood take to the ice in the European league.

This has been Jim Hotdog for VHL.com

Edited by Noodle Enjoyer

4 minutes ago, Noodle Enjoyer said:

Cologne had won back to back Renaissance Cups

back to back to back*

and then one two seasons prior, for 4 in the past 5 seasons going into S92

6 hours ago, LucyXpher said:

Vencko AND Lovstrom on the same team is gonna be a vibe

It is and it isn't... back in S86, I had two number one goalies in the now defunct Istanbul Red Wolves. It is a luxury problem to have a 1a and a 1b netminder. Because no matter what you do, a nominal starting goaltender does not get the starts he/she deserves. If I recall correctly, around the TDL, I shipped the less performing goalie to another team in dire need of a decent goalkeeper. Rask/Bezos were the goalies in question.