Claimed:The Most Exciting Moment In Hockey [Final: 5/6]

Jala

If you ask a fan of hockey who has never played the game what they thought the most exciting moment in hockey would be, that fan would most likely tell you winning a championship. If you ask a player, they'd tell you the game after you've won the chance to play for that championship.

3YDDzWo.png

The best moment for a player is lifting the cup, or for some holding that individual award. The most exciting moment is when you sit down in your stall and unlace your skates after winning the chance to play for the coveted championship. After eliminating Oslo and going through the handshakes and celebrating with the team, we all headed back to the locker room and I sat there quietly undoing my equipment. Amidst the buzz I quietly thought back of how hard we've fought all season, how we started as a collection of individuals and became teammates, friends and most importantly, brothers. We put everything out there on the ice for each other. We poured out our sweat, blood and tears on the ice and how it took us all the way to the doorstep of winning the Founder's Cup. The adrenaline wears off from the game and reality fully sinks in; the fact that we are only four wins away from getting to drink from the Cup.

The journey isn't over yet, in reality it's just beginning. We're bruised and battered but the mind is strong where the flesh is broken. We slap on the ice pads and the body rubs; we ride the exercise bikes and sink into the hot tub to appease our aching muscles. We do all of that with the smile of a small child on the morning of Christmas. We do it all, and we'll keep doing it all, for the chance to do something you may only get once chance in life at doing, and that is winning the Cup.

After an hour of warming down at the rink we head out to the local watering hole as a team to celebrate our series win, and so we can plan out our course of attack against the Saskatoon Wild. In all reality we only spent about five minutes planning out how we were going to cause the Wild bodily harm and then the drinks started flowing, so it turned into more of a gong show then team meeting, but we had fun. Jaime Hill and some of the Storm came out and we closed the place down. By the time we stumbled out of the bar it was three in the morning and we could barely walk or think, but the one thing all of the Watchmen shared was we were still cheering about getting to play for the Founder's Cup.

200311396-001-fans-watching-tv-celebrati

I don't know how I got into my bed but I do know that the first thing I thought about when I finally woke up was that in a couple days we would be playing against Saskatoon, and I couldn't be more excited about it.

Content: 2.5/3 - The beginning of this media spot is incredibly confusing.  After reading through the first few sentences, I started to warm up to it.  It was nice to read all of the thoughts that goes through one's head immediately after they beat a rival in a series.  Here's to your next one!  ~507

Grammar: 2/2 - Pretty good

Appearance: .5/1 - One of the pictures didn't appear, not color/font/title etc...

5/6

• Senior Admin

Content: 2.75/3

Yeah, agree with fresco that this was a bit confusing but it did get better as it went on. However, aside from that, it was a pretty good read. Although I didn't necessarily enjoy the part about Oslo... =(

Grammar: 2/2

Well done lad. 

Appearance: 0.75/1

Yeah the link is broken for me as well. It could be forgiven if there was a title or maybe even some colouring in there.

Overall: 5.5/6

Final: 5/6