Official “what do you drive” thread

On 5/7/2024 at 8:28 PM, Will said:

I have a 22’ Bronco 4 door 

Great ride but…I do regret trading the 2016 Tacoma that I had before. Currently considering trading for a 2024 Tacoma stick shift. I put down a refundable deposit so have until July when it comes in to decide if I want to do it or not. 

I have a '23 Bronco with soft top and I love it, drive it everywhere.  Camp in it a few times a year.

• Senior Admin
13 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

I have a '23 Bronco with soft top and I love it, drive it everywhere.  Camp in it a few times a year.

Nice I'm soft top too, what trim? Mine's just Big Bend. My old man has a manual 2 door Badlands w/ hard top, much cooler than mine 

I don't have any complaints about it really but I had a truck before it and didn't think I'd miss having a truck bed too much. 

2017 Volkswagon Passat TSI (Black), first car, fuckin love the thing, will have forever.

On 5/8/2024 at 9:30 PM, Will said:

Nice I'm soft top too, what trim? Mine's just Big Bend. My old man has a manual 2 door Badlands w/ hard top, much cooler than mine 

I don't have any complaints about it really but I had a truck before it and didn't think I'd miss having a truck bed too much. 

I have the Big Bend as well, in the blue (azure??) color.  I did some car camping in it in Wisconsin and West Virginia last fall

Capture.PNG

• Senior Admin
17 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

I have the Big Bend as well, in the blue (azure??) color.  I did some car camping in it in Wisconsin and West Virginia last fall

Capture.PNG

siiick, love the blue. Don’t think that was an option in 22. I’m Oxford White. 

have you been blessed with a cracked windshield yet? 

4DC95A02-354B-4D2C-9E4C-F33A0DDB6067.jpeg

2 hours ago, Will said:

siiick, love the blue. Don’t think that was an option in 22. I’m Oxford White. 

have you been blessed with a cracked windshield yet? 

4DC95A02-354B-4D2C-9E4C-F33A0DDB6067.jpeg

I have not but one thing I've noticed is the underside of the soft top is starting to delaminate in one area so I need to get that looked at.

• Senior Admin
30 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

I have not but one thing I've noticed is the underside of the soft top is starting to delaminate in one area so I need to get that looked at.

highly recommend adding glass coverage if you don't have it; I know 3 people with Bronco's (including me) and all 3 of us had to replace the windshield which is like $1500 CAD. Just from flying rocks on the highway. Very common from what I see online. The almost flat windshield doesn't handle debris well, seems like it's more of a when than an if. 

9 hours ago, Will said:

highly recommend adding glass coverage if you don't have it; I know 3 people with Bronco's (including me) and all 3 of us had to replace the windshield which is like $1500 CAD. Just from flying rocks on the highway. Very common from what I see online. The almost flat windshield doesn't handle debris well, seems like it's more of a when than an if. 

Common in Wranglers as well, my gf has had to replace hers 3 times smh

• 2 weeks later...

I ride train and bus most of the time. We own a Seat Alhambra FR (manual gear, 2 litre turbo diesel, with 184hp) in black

seat_alhambra_fr_line_2.0tdi_184ps_dsg_7

something like this (not our actual car)

Posted (edited)

A 2009 Audi A5 coupé I bought second hand in 2014 as a 20yo with more available money than common sense. It's fun to drive, it has a 3.0 TDI engine, but for the last 3 or 4 years, I've been talking about selling it and buying something more economic. I really like a Mazda 3 hatchback, for example. Still can't bring myself to do it tho, I like that thing.

Also a company Hyundai i30.

Edited by VattghernCZ

1 hour ago, VattghernCZ said:

A 2009 Audi A5 coupé I bought second hand in 2014 as a 20yo with more available money than common sense. It's fun to drive, it has a 3.0 TDI engine, but for the last 3 or 4 years, I've been talking about selling it and buying something more economic. I really like a Mazda 3 hatchback, for example. Still can't bring myself to do it tho, I like that thing.

shame on you, you ought to drive Skoda ;)

2 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

shame on you, you ought to drive Skoda ;)

I wouldn't mind having an Octavia Scout as a dedicated fishing vehicle tbh. Škodas are not bad, but...you know...everyone around has one lol. Lemme check. There are 12 parked cars I can see from my window. 7 od them are Škoda. 

I'm quite surprised my company doesn't use Škodas. But there's a major Hyundai assembly line in Czechia, I guess it makes sense they're even more affordable than Škodas.

15 minutes ago, VattghernCZ said:

I wouldn't mind having an Octavia Scout as a dedicated fishing vehicle tbh. Škodas are not bad, but...you know...everyone around has one lol. Lemme check. There are 12 parked cars I can see from my window. 7 od them are Škoda. 

I'm quite surprised my company doesn't use Škodas. But there's a major Hyundai assembly line in Czechia, I guess it makes sense they're even more affordable than Škodas.

We used to drive Skoda, first a Fabia stationwagon (before they were shrinked) and then a Skoda Octavia RS stationwagon... if Skoda built Vans we would still drive one. Best sold car brand in Switzerland in the past decade or so...

1 minute ago, Daniel Janser said:

We used to drive Skoda, first a Fabia stationwagon (before they were shrinked) and then a Skoda Octavia RS stationwagon... if Skoda built Vans we would still drive one. Best sold car brand in Switzerland in the past decade or so...

Oh I love the RS station wagons! I got to drive one. Both my mother and my stepfather have had Fabias, even my uncles had a Forman (that's a Favorit station wagon) and a Felicia when I was a kid. Škodas everywhere! Even my father had had a Škoda 125 when I was a wee kid, before he became an Audi guy.

3 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

You’re not even old enough to drive quit lying

the funny thing about ages is that they increase every year!

On 5/23/2024 at 4:11 AM, VattghernCZ said:

I'm the same way with my 370z, bud. If I sold it, I'd be debt free from what I acquired from my Australia trip, have money leftover and just buying something more practical.. but every time I drive it and people are looking or even me just looking at it.. can't do it, man. Thing makes me way too happy.