VHL Magazine Power Poll - World Cup results

Toast

VHL Mag Power Poll  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The S41 World Cup has concluded with some unexpected surprises coming from the elimination round. Thus, today’s Power Poll will be: Were you surprised by the results of the World Cup?

During the round robin a few things were established. The United States are a power house and should be feared by the five other teams seeking out gold in the competition. The reigning Gold Medalists, Canada, were going to make a statement at retaining their Gold, and then the surprising factor of the tournament in Western Europe matching the US in points after being led to victories by Willem Janssen.

Things seemed pretty clear going into the elimination round, but that’s when the shake ups began happening. It was clear that just about anything can happen in hockey with the right opportunities as Canada was ousted in their first game, casting them to the 5th-place game, making sure they wouldn’t win a medal at all.

Europe would lose their quarter-final game but go on to win the Bronze Medal game against Team World and the US would get that Gold Medal they deserved after a dominating performance in the round robin.

So, comment on if you were surprised by the final results of the tournament and make sure to comment on what exactly was the most interesting point to you!

Edited by Toast

The best at obesity rate

*Grabbing popcorn

We eat burgers and are proud. Like when British people try to make fun of me by telling my to eat a burger on xbox, I'm like "Okay that sounds like a good idea actually!"

Edited by eaglesfan036

Alright then...Team Marlboro wasn't a surprise but the failure of Canada after their very confident pre-tournament talk definitely was.

No, it's just funny because I sell USA Gold at work, and while I've seen people talk about USA in regards to gold medals, I've only ever seen that exact phrase (with Gold capitalized) with regards to the cigarette.