Official Videogame Thread

Sandro

We should get a group together to Raid Destiny players. Provided we all play on same console PS4.

Down. On the ps4. 

Level 30 warlock.. i've done both raids, but both on normal. Recently got to 30, and by that time Vault of Glass was old news lol

Just got Madden15 the other day, as it is currently on 25 bucks on PSN. Game is amazing and makes the NHL series look like complete and total dog shit. 

MUT is actually awesome. I'm loving the experience so far.

Edited by Boragina

I don't understand how people even still play Destiny. After you hit Level 20 you're just trying to luck out with find Light noded armor and it's just a grind fest.

Buy VanGuard armour for 31 light then do Crota raid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Commissioner

Played and loved every Hawk game up until THUG, after that it went downhill fast. Definitely interested in seeing what they release.

I don't understand how people even still play Destiny. After you hit Level 20 you're just trying to luck out with find Light noded armor and it's just a grind fest.

I'm in the boat. I started playing less and less, got into it again for a couple weeks with the first expansion and now I just can't be bothered to play anymore. It's so fucking aggravating going through the raid only to watch all of your teammates get a weapon and a piece of armour while you either get a duplicate or are stuck with radiant materials.

Been playing a ton of Evolve. 

Molholt on PSN if you're also playing.

Liked what I played of it at PAX -- it's basically a first-person MOBA which is an interesting concept -- but with all the shit they've pulled in terms of DLC (not to mention how poorly they treat their staff) I just can't support anything published by 2K right now.

From what I hear, Evolve isn't amazing. I don't know, I've only heard opinions and read reviews, which are also opinions.

I bought Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D today for the 3DS. :) So good. Such a blast of nostalgia.

It's not just a 3D port like Ocarina of Time 3D was either. They actually made many things better.

Eh it's got some good reviews. I saw enough footage of it that I decided there is enough classes/modes/stuff to do that I don't think I'll get bored. All the progression systems and how each class has different "people" that in essence plays and functions like a new class seems interesting. 

Anyone play Beseige? It's an Early Access on Steam, but yeah pretty fuckin cool tbh imho

I'll check it out. I haven't been on Steam in awhile.

Edit: Oh, that's that game I saw a GIF of on Reddit today as one of the top posts.

I want to try to Stranded Deep. Looks cool.

Edited by DollarAndADream

As far as Evolve is concerned, I don't care about the DLC because it's all cosmetic right now and any new maps are free to all.

As far as the game goes, I'm enjoying it. There isn't a class I dislike, seems like everything is pretty well balanced. For me right now, it's what I wanted.

As far as Evolve is concerned, I don't care about the DLC because it's all cosmetic right now and any new maps are free to all.

As far as the game goes, I'm enjoying it. There isn't a class I dislike, seems like everything is pretty well balanced. For me right now, it's what I wanted.

I'll add you to PSN here and maybe at some point we can play some Evolve. How has the community been? People giving you an opportunity to learn the classes and such without yelling and what not?

Despite all the negative press I still want to get the Order. Reviews seem to harp on mostly the QTE and the limited experience (short campaign, no other modes) however I don't remember when it became a bad thing to offer a good strong 7-10 hour story experience. I probably will end up getting it, but the reviews still are disappointing. 

Surprised nothing from Sandro regarding The Order. I've got it but been to busy to get to it yet.

I'm playing it, and I'm enjoying it. I expected it to review poorly based on what I played at PAX months ago, but I'm surprised it's as low as it has been. I haven't read the reviews yet -- not sure if I will -- so I can't really comment on what their complaints are, but most of the stuff I've heard from other people or has been paraphrased from the reviews is... odd. Bordering on double standards.

It's interesting though, the game isn't really what I expected. It's a combination of sort of a Telltale adventure game with third person shooter elements. I really enjoy exploring the environments, reading newspapers, listening to audio recordings, etc. The lore is really cool. The gunplay is really solid, I love the feel of it. The weapons are all incredibly well thought out and designed, they feel totally in place even when they shouldn't. I really love when developers pay attention to stuff like this, Guerrilla is well known for doing the same in Killzone. The obvious is that the game absolutely oozes atmosphere. Graphics, soundtrack/sound design, and voice acting are all seriously top notch. There are times where I just have to stop and stare. I don't want to say much more because I'm only on Chapter 9, and I believe there are 16 in total. I've probably played close to 5 hours at this point so I'm definitely going to be taking longer than the 5 and half or whatever everyone is claiming it is.

The weirdest thing is there seems to be a faction of people out there who are seriously dedicated to seeing the game fail, and get enjoyment from it. It's not like I'm some fanboy coming to the game's defense... I mean, I'm a PlayStation fanboy but I wasn't too high on the game when I played it pre-launch. It's enjoyable -- not revolutionary, but enjoyable. I hope Ready at Dawn gets a chance to make a sequel.