Writing/Graphic Graders

Will

• Senior Admin

Looking to hire some guys, most likely 1 of each. Apply below with a little blurb saying why I should hire you and which team you're applying for (graphics or writing). 

Pay:

1 TPE per 4 Media Spots for Writing Graders 

1 TPE per 8 graphics for Graphic Graders 

I'll apply for Media Grader. I have a lot of real-life experience grading articles, but I also realize that this is supposed to be a fun environment so I won't be terribly harsh on anyone's work. I've also got enough time on my hands most days of the week where I'd be able to grade a lot of articles within the day of submission. 

I'll apply for media grader. I've been grader/head grader about 10,000 times in sim leagues, so I know what the job entails. (And see, I even knew where to put the comma in that number!) Fully understand if you want to give the job to someone who hasn't had one yet though, just don't know how many you need.

I feel like I should apply for this. 

The one I'd go for is the Writing one.

I'm on here way too often when things are silent since I work night shift, so it'd be nice for something else to do.

I understand if someone else is chosen though and I'm not particularly gunning for the position.

Applying for Graphic Grader

I like looking at graphics and believe I would be a fair grader. And like people say, if you can't do you teach, and teachers grade stuff, so I think that would work for me :)

Doubt I'll get it but I'd like graphics grader if possible. I've been fired from this job here a few times but I'd love another shot at it. I have tons of experience as a graphics grader, at least 6 season's worth in this league.

Edited by alfie fornever

I'm also going to extend my application to reach graphics grader as well. I didn't realize how low you guys were for graphics graders and I did that for several months at another sim league.

If possible, I would still like writing grader over graphics, but if you need graphics graders more severely, I can do that.

I'd like to apply for a graphics grader job. I've been working really hard on my graphics and I think I've improved quite a bit in the past couple of months. I'm on almost every day, and I currently have 3 jobs in the SHL (not sure if this matters lol, but I'm the SMJHL Media Head, Assistant PT Director, and a Fantasy league Manager). I think my activity here would also increase quite a bit if I got a job like this, as I would likely be on a lot more.

Good luck with your decision! :cheers:

• Senior Admin

Hi everyone, thanks for the applications - this is probably one of the best turnouts that I've seen when it comes to grading positions. The large number of quality applicants and the diversity between them (i.e. new members + old members) made this a really difficult decision. I eventually decided to go with a newer member and an older member. 

For graphics, we're going to hire IR (enigma). This was probably his 4th or 5th time applying, consecutively, so I feel that it's his turn to have a go at it. 

As far as writing goes, we're going to hire lere2001!  With his knowledge of both graphics and writing, lere can focus on writing but provide support to graphics if needed. 

With all that said, there were a lot of great names to choose from here. If you didn't get the job this time around, don't be discouraged. There is a very good chance that, particularly in graphics, there will be another opening in the coming weeks. I will consider everyone who applied in this thread.