Claimed:Olynick May See The Door [FINAL 6/6]

AwfulHomesick

Kari+Lehtonen+Edmonton+Oilers+v+Dallas+S

Cologne, Germany

21/1/2015

With two games left to play this season, it's safe to say that Blaine Olynick has broken his career best stats in goals against average, saves percentage, and what could be wins, depending on the result of the last two games.

But the uncertainty of his future in Cologne is a career first.

Coming off a great season for both team and goalie, the Cologne Express were expected to surpass their first round bow out from last season. The 10th season for the young franchise has seen them become a contender once more for the top spot in the European Conference. Suddenly in a sudden shake up of culture in Cologne, GM Schneider stepped down and named Ryan Power as his successor in the front office. The on-ice product did not diminish nonetheless, but other things did.

VHL trading insiders have heard some rumblings that under the new management, the Cologne Express are open to moving Olynick in favor to draft one of the hot prospects in the upcoming drafts. Possible relocations? Well for starters, Toronto, Stockholm, and Davos are teams that are left without starting goaltenders this season that could fancy a veteran netminder like Olynick to provide some stability for the last remaining years of his career.

In what is now his 5th season in professional VHL hockey, Olynick has stepped up to become a solid veteran face in the netminder brass of the VHL. The young kid from Toronto who looked like a deer in the headlights in his first season now looks as confident as ever. But he isn't getting any younger, and the goaltending draft classes are getting better.

Both Blaine Olynick's agent Alex Staal and Cologne Express front office officials left no comment on the reports. Olynick's agent, former Stockholm Rams player, has ties to the city of Stockholm, being a key defenseman in the team's early years. Toronto seems an interesting location as well, as it was stated by Olynick himself that he would have loved to have played in his home city and to have been the successor to legendary Legion netminder Remy Lebeau.

"From everyone who I've spoken to about this possible move for Olynick, it's been pretty split. Some see it as a good move for Cologne as they move the franchise goalie that never was, for a younger goalie in one of these upcoming drafts that are better than Blaine was in his draft year," said Puck Daddy Greg Wyshynski on his podcast today.

In possible chances where the Cologne Express see themselves raising the Continental Cup for the first time in their franchise history, is Blaine Olynick still up for grabs? Or does the new management try to use it as leverage in order to get a little more in return? Blaine Olynick's days in Cologne could be numbered.

This would be pretty interesting. Nothing against Olynick, but I can't remember the last time a non-elite, but still starter level goalie went to free agency.

Yeah well when you have one elite goaltender on your roster, their is no room for Olynick. #COLG

This would be pretty interesting. Nothing against Olynick, but I can't remember the last time a non-elite, but still starter level goalie went to free agency.

S37 - BLAINE OLYNICK [P5]

S41: $3 000 000

S42: $2 500 000

S43: $2 250 000

S44: $2 250 000

And that will remain a statistic with Olynick. If he moves it'll be via trade for the entire rest of his career, as his contract is inked up until the end of it. 

I won't confirm or deny any reports of movement here, but I will say that Homesick has been a great member throughout all the ups and downs in Cologne. 

Vincent Vega hit free agency once or twice when I started here, think he was around 400 TPE. But there were no teams with real playoff aspirations who were in need of a goalie at those points, so he often was a fill-in for rebuilding teams. Think Rock Star might have been a free agent once too.

Vincent Vega hit free agency once or twice when I started here, think he was around 400 TPE. But there were no teams with real playoff aspirations who were in need of a goalie at those points, so he often was a fill-in for rebuilding teams. Think Rock Star might have been a free agent once too.

The funny thing about that is Cologne was the destination.

Content: 3/3

Everything good here.

Grammar: 2/2

"Coming off a great season for both team and goalie"

- coming off of a great season for both their team and goalie

Appearance: 1/1

There's only 1 picture so it seems a tiny bit bland, but that's no biggie because I love the font. Makes it seem like a newspaper article or something written with a typewriter.

Final: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...