Regarding 590s and 2-Pointers

I had a thought and I want to see if anyone is of the same opinion.

Each week you get to do either your 590 for 1 TPE or your 2-Point Podcast for 2 TPE. And that's a good system, it allows for those who do more work (creating a podcast, in this instance, over writing a simple article) to gain more TPE. That makes complete sense.

If we were to expand the rules to where you can write 2 590s to get your 2 TPE, would that be fair to say that you do the same amount of work for both a 2-Point Podcast and 2 590s? I think that answer is yes, but if some people think no, it might be a system where you need to have your 2nd 590 graded real quickly (.5 points for grammar and .5 points for content) to keep the quality level high. It's merely an idea, not a strict skeleton proposal, just wanted to see what people thought of this and whether it would be accepted.

The main pro I see in this system is the increase in activity. People who don't want to do a podcast but will do 2 590s will provide more content to the site and 590s are usually more commented on and provide more subjective editorialized opinions of the site, the leagues, and players. Activity is never a bad thing, in my opinion.

The main con I see is that people will shy away from 2-Point Podcasts and they will become obsolete. I see that point and I raise the counter-argument that the folks that do podcasts for their 6 TPE would also continue to do it for their 2 TPE and that there are some people that will look at earning 2 TPE as doing 1 thing with the podcast versus doing 2 things with the 590s and choose to do one thing to get the same amount of TPE.

Thoughts?

Just to keep a running tally:

Yay - 8

Nay - 1

Edited by Guest

I don't mind the idea but I have no power here.

I also had no idea that 2 tpe podcasts even existed tbh.

Yep, that XM Radio section or whatever. It's in the Getting Started section. You can do that or 1 590. 590 - 1 TPE, 2-Pointer - 2 TPE. I think it would be reasonable to assume that 2 590 - 2 TPE and 1 2-Pointer - 2 TPE.

someone get this guy a job tbqhimho

I'm trying to be active here. This seemed like another way to stay more active and increase constructive league activity.

There's an option in the player store to make your 590's worth 2 TPE for a season.

That's true, but I think even with that rule, you can keep TPE down because of the weekly cap. Most people who buy that anyways are older members (if I understand the player store correctly), so it wouldn't be too much of an effect on new member activity.

That's true, but I think even with that rule, you can keep TPE down because of the weekly cap. Most people who buy that anyways are older members (if I understand the player store correctly), so it wouldn't be too much of an effect on new member activity.

For me it's awesome because I only get one TPE for my job, so it allows me to get the full 9 TPE with the cap. 

i don't like it. gotta earn your weekly TPE cap IMO. podcasts are about 15 times more involved than XM radio... take so much longer

I understand that, the weekly Podcasts that have to follow the rubric and such are way more involved than the 6 point media spots IMO. That's fair. I don't want to touch those though.

2-Point podcasts are short 8 minute ramblings while you walk to your car after work or while at the grocery store, not nearly as dedicated as the 6 TPE Podcasts. I think it'd be fair to say, then, that 2 590s would be as much work as 1 2-Point Podcast. Having done the 2-Pointer and having gone to 17 minutes, it was fairly easy and I even included an intro and tried to do an outro song. It'd be a similar workload to write 2 short articles in 1 week IMO.

But I'll put you down as a no for now.

For me it's awesome because I only get one TPE for my job, so it allows me to get the full 9 TPE with the cap. 

And with the option to do the extra 590, you get the chance to hit the cap without spending contract money.

We have lots of job positions to fill for people to earn TPE. Makes getting a league job more enticing to earn that 9/week.

Still a good idea though, I've never heard anyone suggest this before.

Thanks! Didn't know this was an original idea tbh.

I like the idea and if that were available I would certainly use it. I think you're right on the length of time it would take for two being about the same as the minimum required for a 2-Point Podcast as well (albeit I am not familiar with if theres is editing or the extra work that gos into recording a 2 point Podcast)

Edited by YEAH!

Or if two 590 things isn't enough then maybe three to get that 2 tpe. Helps provide fun content and shows effort.

True, it's really about activity. Whatever fits the shoe is what I'd suggest, it just seemed right to start at 2 590s and go from there