Fan League: Good or Bad?

Jala

Fan League: Good or Bad?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the Alpha test for the Fan League is over and I want to know what you guys think about it so we can hear more input on what you want to see.

What's already in the works is adding in hits and shot blocks to help bolster defenders and it's been brought up that points and hits/shot blocks should have different weights for forwards/defensemen.

Would you guys like to see PIMs added in or maybe shots? These are things we could add in later on to add some more depth and allow cheaper players who shoot/fight a lot but don't necessarily score a lot of points and would add some more variety to the rosters.

What did you guys like and what didn't you like about it?

Did you feel the TPE payout was too high/fair/too low?

Was how to build a roster clear enough?

An idea I've had pop into my head was having a league for the VHLM, after the VHL has been fully formed and stabilized of course. Do you guys feel there would be enough interest by fresh players and recreates alike making their way through the VHLM in that for it to be worthwhile?

I'm very interested in hearing any thoughts you guys have on this new addition and what we can do to make it more fun, engaging and worth your while to participate in. If you have suggestions you can leave them here or PM me and I'll share them with the BoG! Thanks for your input guys!

Seriously, feel free to post anything you want for the VHL fantasy league in the future, from statistics you want tracked, to roster sizes, anything at all. You can help shape the fantasy league and make it more enjoyable for yourself/everyone.

If it's all good post that too :D

If you're going to do it in the future for the playoffs, perhaps make it averages (goals per game, assists per game, etc.) instead of whole numbers? Otherwise, it's basically just guessing who made it furthest (see: Bushito winning with three Cologne guys).

For sure, I'm not sure there will be another playoffs edition, but if there is we should definitely look at the per game.

For stats for the regular season like jala said,

Goals

Assists

Hits

Shots Blocked

Any other stats? and should forwards and defense have a different fantasy point structure?

Also did you like making just one full fantasy line, or would you want to make 2 lines or more, or just the one?

will you make matchups ? Like 1vs1 battles during the season againt another member's team

and the players who gets more pts during the week wins or whatever.

Edited by boubabi

will you make matchups ? Like 1vs1 battles during the season againt another member's team

and the players who gets more pts during the week wins or whatever.

That could be a cool idea in the future, but right now I feel like it would be difficult to implement until we have a real feel for how the basic league will work. We'll definitely bring that up though. Great idea!

I'm sure this is being discussed but make it during the regular season! Playoffs make it a lot more of which team is going to play the most games as opposed to how can I get the best players under the cap. I'm sure a league job/s could be created for fantasy point tracking too. Maybe have updates every week.

We have the metrics worked out and it will be for the regular season. You can probably expect a post from the Blue Team laying out the metrics Victor and I worked diligently on. Glad to see everyone seemed to enjoy the concept though. 

i think it would be cool if this were a weekly thing instead of 'pick a team at the beginning of the season.' ijstead allowing weekly roster changes and maybe 1 tpe for the weekly leaders along with still having a seasonal payout

granted i realize that would require additional work. it may not be worth it but i personally would be willing to help out with it if we want to try something like that in future seasons