General Football Discussion

Victor

I had to go hand in an essay after Chelsea went 1-0 up, now I'll be stuck in the library for ~3 hours.

DID THEY LOSE??

Well, boring park-the-bus soccer and complaining and chopping up the game really makes it tough to watch. Jose knows how to win but sadly, he forgets the primary purpose of fans watching the game:

to be entertained. 

Hypothetically, if I'm a fan of a team and I have to choose between being entertained and winning, I'll take winning 10 times out of 10. Mourinho wins most of the time, and I'm happy with him, despite this result. Much rather him than someone who wins 3-2 half the time and loses 3-2 the other half.

Anyone watching the Arsenal vs. Monaco Champs league match? I can't get to a TV but I am reading the live match updates on the BBC. 

30 minutes in and looks like it's all Arsenal - but Monaco are just doing enough to keep the ball out of the back of the net. Can they hold on?

Ooop! Nevermind Giroud breaks the Ice. Here comes the come-back! 

Damn, Giroud cannot stop scoring. I know he was horrible in the first leg but damn.. looking can his goal-scoring in the prem and now here - one of the in form strikers in England atm. 

• Admin

Annoying thing is it probably would have stayed 0-0 had Cahill not scored (hypothetically, psychologically), but Chelsea didn't deserve to go through. Outplayed (or at least even) with an extra man and helped by the ref, absolutely pathetic.

Symbolic for the Premier League though. Everyone is just so bad and overrated. No team in CL or EL quarterfinals serves them right.

Gerrard's Slip indirectly cost us the title last year.

I swear to Messi if Gerrard's Red costs Liverpool the last Champs league spot this season I will (sadly) glad to see the back of him.

He's provided so much to the club over the past decade and a bit - but it's time to move on

• 1 month later...
  • Admin

Two amazing semi-final first legs this week. Juve-Real finely poised, hopefully Juventus finish the job for Buffon and Pirlo.

Messi... I mean, words. There are none.

Though at least some credit for the second goal has to go to Boateng suddenly collapsing. I know he probably lost balance but even in the replays it just looks like him randomly falling over like a ton of bricks. Quite amusing.

Yeah Messi isn't a bad player haha.

I wish we weren't injured, I'd love to see both teams at full capacity and going toe to toe. The reason I say this is because Boating wouldn't have been the defender there. It would have been David Alaba and he is regarded as one of the top three left backs in the world right now. We also had no width because of Ribery and Robben and it showed. I find that Dani Alves is actually a liability and because we just tried the long ball we either missed Muller/Lewa's feet or we hit them but not in the attacking third. Oh well, we need a new trainer because our guys (even our young guys) are always nicked.

So BMG outclassed Bayer Leverkusen 3-0 today for the nearly 100% secure CL berth, we're in second place until Wolfsburg plays tomorrow. Today was a good day.

We're losing Kruse and Kramer as key players in the summer, so it could get tougher next season.

But our management has been superb since Eberl took over the reigns. He's a hard worker like he was back when he was our CB.

We're losing Kruse and Kramer as key players in the summer, so it could get tougher next season.

But our management has been superb since Eberl took over the reigns. He's a hard worker like he was back when he was our CB.

Well you may also get help with the fact Bayern can't seem to even score anymore. I fear for the future because Bastian, Lahm, Robben and Ribery will soon retire or move on and we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for talent to replace them. Sebastian Rode, Rafinha, Dante, Bernat and Kurt give me no confidence. Weiser is the only one I see with a big future.

Well you may also get help with the fact Bayern can't seem to even score anymore. I fear for the future because Bastian, Lahm, Robben and Ribery will soon retire or move on and we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for talent to replace them. Sebastian Rode, Rafinha, Dante, Bernat and Kurt give me no confidence. Weiser is the only one I see with a big future.

Bayern is Bayern. They will always find a way to bring in top players. Lahm, Robben etc are going to be hard to replace , that is for sure. 

Bayern is Bayern. They will always find a way to bring in top players. Lahm, Robben etc are going to be hard to replace , that is for sure. 

You can bring them in sure, but they aren't the same players. Lahm will retire and whoever they bring in won't be Lahm nor will he have the same style. That's where the challenge is with transfers. For example as well as Lewandowski has been, Mario Gomez was way more productive per minute in his Bayern spell. You usually don't lose 4 starters all within one transfer window, but thats what might happen when Lahm retires.

You can bring them in sure, but they aren't the same players. Lahm will retire and whoever they bring in won't be Lahm nor will he have the same style. That's where the challenge is with transfers. For example as well as Lewandowski has been, Mario Gomez was way more productive per minute in his Bayern spell. You usually don't lose 4 starters all within one transfer window, but thats what might happen when Lahm retires.

That is true.  Lahm is a world class player.  You need to pay shit loads of money to get a player that is even half as good as Lahm. Interesting to see what happens in Bayern.   I haven´t seen Bayerns games but it can´t be a good thing if you lose that many key players at once.