General Football Discussion

Victor

not saying this was the case in yesterday's final, but the referees really helped chile get to the final. absolutely FUCKED uruguay.   that was some of the most blatantly poor refereeing i've seen in any sport.

Can't think of a person more deserving of a World Cup win than the down to earth, wholesome, religious law abiding Hope Solo. She's the best #sarcasm.

What does religious have to do with it?

It was sarcasm Jason.

Obviously, but the way the sarcasm went, it seemed to imply that people who are good and law abiding are religious. That's not necessarily a thing I would equate.

Not bringing a religion debate to a sports thread, though.

Obviously, but the way the sarcasm went, it seemed to imply that people who are good and law abiding are religious. That's not necessarily a thing I would equate.

Not bringing a religion debate to a sports thread, though.

Not at all. I was the usual assumption that religious people follow a more clean code. Not bringing it in, but you were haha. You kinda made it something it wasn't and totally missed the point.

So apparently Man Utd are set to get Schweinsteiger. I like him as a player, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about his recent injury history, especially considering the current lineups injury problems. 

So apparently Man Utd are set to get Schweinsteiger. I like him as a player, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about his recent injury history, especially considering the current lineups injury problems. 

I might shed a tear honestly if its true. Apparently he did sign a 3 year deal there. However, Man Utd is about 5 years too late on Bastian. He is a damn hard guy to keep out of the lineup in terms of injuries, but he has been hacked so many times that I wonder how much he has left. He is the skipper for DFB though so he always will be a fave.

• Admin

I think Schneiderlin would have made more sense for you guys but it seems pretty set on Schweinsteiger. Which probably means Schneiderlin to Arsenal.

Most of all I don't think a move to the Premier League is the best choice for Schweinsteiger. But he might well take it by storm.

For United, he's overshadowing the Darmian move and I think that's a better deal. Very underrated, one of the better full-backs out there imo, and was excellent against England on the various recent occasions.

I think Schneiderlin would have made more sense for you guys but it seems pretty set on Schweinsteiger. Which probably means Schneiderlin to Arsenal.

Most of all I don't think a move to the Premier League is the best choice for Schweinsteiger. But he might well take it by storm.

For United, he's overshadowing the Darmian move and I think that's a better deal. Very underrated, one of the better full-backs out there imo, and was excellent against England on the various recent occasions.

I'm afraid he won't be able to keep up. Believe it or not the EPL is faster in terms of pace because the Bundesliga is more tactical than anything. EPL some teams straight out go out there to sprint and screw tactics.

I love the move. I agree with you on his performance against England, plus I think a right back was arguably our biggest need, considering we played either a converted winger or a centre-back who's shit with the ball there for the majority of last season. 

• Admin

And meanwhile, Sterling to City for £49m. I just don't think it'll work for either one of them. And Liverpool will probably waste the money, unless what they've done this summer was in anticipation of this which looks to be a good 5-6 deals.

And meanwhile, Sterling to City for £49m. I just don't think it'll work for either one of them. And Liverpool will probably waste the money, unless what they've done this summer was in anticipation of this which looks to be a good 5-6 deals.

Interesting to see how Sterling plays in City. At this point of his career it would be really important to play a lot. Hopefully everything works out for Sterling. 

Guest gorlab2

there'sssssssssssssss onlllllyyyyyyyyy oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee vicccccctorrrrrrrrr

oneeeeeeeeeee victorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

walkin along

singin his song

walkin in a victor wonderland

I love it. I cannot wait to see a 4-2-3-1 that looks like this:

------------------- Aguero -------------------

Nasri ------------- Silva ----------- Sterling

--------- Fernandinho --- Toure ----------

Clichy - Mangala - Kompany - Zabaleta

--------------------- Hart ---------------------

Throw De Bruyne in at CAM/LM and potentially Paul Pogba in where Fernandinho is after City puts up the cash and we are right there with United and Chelsea.

------------------- Aguero -------------------

De Bruyne ------- Silva ---------- Sterling

--------- Toure ------------ Pogba----------

Clichy - Mangala - Kompany - Zabaleta

--------------------- Hart ---------------------

^^^^ Dangerous. Keeping in mind that our substitutes include: Bony, Nasri, Navas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Kolarov, Demichelis, Sagna.

I'm not saying it's the level as Bayern or Barca but for an EPL squad that is better than decent.