General Football Discussion

Victor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Heart-breaking for Atletico - 2 minutes from a historic win and then conceded and 3 more in another half an hour.

That said, can't say Real are undeserving. Glad Atletico could take something from this season.

Really wanted Arsenal cause I can't stand Sergio Ramos, Ronaldo and Di Maria. But it is what it is

I assume your league is Bundesliga?

"According to my sources in Spain, #AtleticoMadrid striker David Villa is indeed coming to #NYCFC on a 3 year deal. #MLS"

Well..

Edited by FueledByRamen

"According to my sources in Spain, #AtleticoMadrid striker David Villa is indeed coming to #NYCFC on a 3 year deal. #MLS"

Well..

And who is that source exactly? Because many of the MLS sources/reporters just say things for the hell of gaining excitement (basically what all reporters do) except all the MLS guys are Eklunds.

• Admin

I've heard that from somewhere else, can't remember where, I wouldn't be surprised. Not like Villa is a household name anymore. Well, not a household player. He's a big name, hence the MLS interest.

Hahaha Waxman is highly regarded as a goof when it comes to that. He is a NYC based idiot

Looks pretty official to me ^^

BpITmgxCIAEA2SL.jpg

He indeed signed for 3 yrs in NY. Already looking forward to the first game between my IMFC vs NYCFC.

Looks pretty official to me ^^

BpITmgxCIAEA2SL.jpg

He indeed signed for 3 yrs in NY. Already looking forward to the first game between my IMFC vs NYCFC.

Waxman got one correct! I wouldn't bank on him in the long run though.

Victor, along long way off. The biggest issue MLS has is they employ grade school referees and the transition games are horrible!

• Admin

I feel too many leagues are trying to catch up at once - if older players only went to MLS, perhaps there'd be a chance. But there's also Australia, Japan, China, various places like UAE, hell, even Turkey - talent pool gets diluted and no one really sees much improvement.

I feel too many leagues are trying to catch up at once - if older players only went to MLS, perhaps there'd be a chance. But there's also Australia, Japan, China, various places like UAE, hell, even Turkey - talent pool gets diluted and no one really sees much improvement.

More and more players are choosing the MLS as a retirement spot however. UAE for years was getting everyone

Villa is still better than most players in the MLS, so it is still a rather big deal he came over. 

Once again, no one said otherwise.

An aging Dwight Yorke, Shinji Ono and Del Piero hardly make a dent in the player dilution pool, but I see your point. Australia doesn't have the financial grunt to attract players still close to good, it's more of a "come here and help develop a new league" type thing. Del Piero and Ono were helpful, but Dwight Yorke just wanted to bang chicks and hit the clubs. His nickname was "All-night Dwight".

An aging Dwight Yorke, Shinji Ono and Del Piero hardly make a dent in the player dilution pool, but I see your point. Australia doesn't have the financial grunt to attract players still close to good, it's more of a "come here and help develop a new league" type thing. Del Piero and Ono were helpful, but Dwight Yorke just wanted to bang chicks and hit the clubs. His nickname was "All-night Dwight".

I'd go there for the weather and the dingos, don't ever forget the dingos. Wait, are you saying you blame Dwight Yorke?

• Admin

Chelsea signs Cesc Fabregas. 

Seth is always on to tell me about the newest Arsenal signings, why is he not on so I can tell him about a Chelsea signing :P

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet... Would be a great replacement for Lampard though :'(