General Football Discussion

Victor

• Admin

Adding David Luiz's long shots to tiki-taka in the list of things I hate. :P

Commendable job by Simeone and Atletico. Definitely any neutral's favourite. I fear their run will end much like Dortmund's but then again Dortmund lost by the slightest of margins and were a bit more threatening in the early stages.

Madrid derby as whole is mighty fine. First one-city final, etc. I've just been to Madrid for the first time in February and it's a nice city and that's a neat coincidence.

• Admin

Can't go wrong either way for me but I can see most people supporting just Atletico. Really want to see Dortmund and Atletico consolidate their positions in their countries' elite (Dortmund seem almost there) but it's such a struggle in today's world where anyone who becomes any good is immediately rumoured to sign for one of about 5-6 clubs.

Can't go wrong either way for me but I can see most people supporting just Atletico. Really want to see Dortmund and Atletico consolidate their positions in their countries' elite (Dortmund seem almost there) but it's such a struggle in today's world where anyone who becomes any good is immediately rumoured to sign for one of about 5-6 clubs.

I disagree, Dortmund is now on the downswing. Just look at this season, their play was a couple notches below their last few seasons. They are losing their stars and no one big is coming up

• Admin

I disagree, Dortmund is now on the downswing. Just look at this season, their play was a couple notches below their last few seasons. They are losing their stars and no one big is coming up

They had a lot of injuries - most of the back four (all of it once), Bender, Gundogan, Blaszschykowski (I botched that I think), and a host of others. Losing Gotze and Lewandowski is a step back but they're signing Ramos (the Berlin one) and I think with Klopp around they can consolidate 2nd in the Bundesliga for a good amount of years.

They had a lot of injuries - most of the back four (all of it once), Bender, Gundogan, Blaszschykowski (I botched that I think), and a host of others. Losing Gotze and Lewandowski is a step back but they're signing Ramos (the Berlin one) and I think with Klopp around they can consolidate 2nd in the Bundesliga for a good amount of years.

I think you're right when it comes to them holding 2nd, but I feel as though other teams have been climbing now and will give them a run for their money. Schalke and Leverkusen are on their way up, with the young stars they've developed. I hope people pay attention to the Bundesliga because it has become pretty competitive over the last decade. A majority of DFB was being selected off of teams other than Bayern Munchen.

• Admin

I have a feeling more people will. From what I can tell, up to now the only coverage of the Bundesliga was by German channels (in the UK anyway) as opposed to fairly big channels (Sky Sports, BT Sport) covering La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue 1. But I believe next season there's a major rights deal starting up which will have a lot more Bundesliga coverage all across the world, so that should help.

I have a feeling more people will. From what I can tell, up to now the only coverage of the Bundesliga was by German channels (in the UK anyway) as opposed to fairly big channels (Sky Sports, BT Sport) covering La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue 1. But I believe next season there's a major rights deal starting up which will have a lot more Bundesliga coverage all across the world, so that should help.

I was able to watch the games on GOALtv with the Munich feed, but I don't think they offered muck else in the Bundesliga.

• Admin

Yeah that sucks. I mean, Chelsea had already killed title chances really but this has gotta hurt. Not that City don't deserve it, but Liverpool was definitely every neutral's favourite out of the two.

Yeah that sucks. I mean, Chelsea had already killed title chances really but this has gotta hurt. Not that City don't deserve it, but Liverpool was definitely every neutral's favourite out of the two.

Not a chance. I still want this site to be relevant:

http://www.howmanypremierleaguemedalshasstevengerrardwon.com/

• Admin

Just not going to happen.

In the other fun title race in Spain, Real have fucked it up with consecutive draws meaning Atletico-Barcelona on the last weekend (next one, not this one) will be a title decider.