VHL Social Media Announcements

Greetings fellow VHLers,

As a way to try and increase, recruitment, the VHL is stepping up its social media game. Greg will be taking over our twitter (@Official_VHL), while Doomsday and Ramicus will be taking over the Facebook page. Make sure you follow our twitter and like our Facebook page!

In addition, KendrickMolholt, and Frank will be leading our new Instagram (vhlsim). We feel that this is a huge, untapped market that could bring new members to the site. While those three will be doing things on Instagram, they can still use your help. 

The Instagram team is looking for members to create pictures to use to recruit people to our league. The team is looking for:

400X400 or 500x500 picture
Preferably HD
Jersey Changed if possible
VHL Tag in bottom corner

Example:
Screen_Shot_2015_04_28_at_5_15_06_PM.png

You could use these photos as your Player Card/590 (or possibly a point task depending on effort), or can do so out of the goodness of your heart. We all need to do our part in recruitment, so your effort is always appreciated! We just ask that you put (Instagram) in the title if your graphic meets these requirements.

Thanks!

You expect one person to create enough graphics to keep it busy and active? Bitch more.

I'm not even claiming the job pay. I do this shit for the love of the game. For madden. I put tha league on my back doe

You expect one person to create enough graphics to keep it busy and active? Bitch more.

I'm not even claiming the job pay. I do this shit for the love of the game. For madden. I put tha league on my back doe

Same here. Flyers says it's 1 TPE a week, but I think all three of us have jobs already. So unless one bows out for certain reasons the next person to be hired can take pay or not.

Also you may say 3 seems like a a lot, but why does that number matter at all? 808 did it last time and we were stuck on 4 graphics. He is gone so we don't even have the password to that account.

080 made none of them too. He "built" a team where he asked for graphics. That's is pretty much what flyers was asking but with 3 "admins"

so that is why it seemed odd 

080 made none of them too. He "built" a team where he asked for graphics. That's is pretty much what flyers was asking but with 3 "admins"

so that is why it seemed odd 

He made none of them, exactly. This team is built around 3 that can make them and then of course what Flyers said, they can be used as VHL Fan's as well as Point Tasks. Thus we may have people submitting some to post on the account, which opens it up. It's better to have multiple people making it run if it pulls people in. I don't see anything odd in it at all.

This is awesome. I'll start doing my 1pt Player Card in this format for you fellas.. Should we maybe put something in the title like "Instgrm: Jake Wylde" or something like that to help admins find the cards?

anyways, good work, hope it gets some interest goin!

This is awesome. I'll start doing my 1pt Player Card in this format for you fellas.. Should we maybe put something in the title like "Instgrm: Jake Wylde" or something like that to help admins find the cards?

anyways, good work, hope it gets some interest goin!

Yeah just put "Instagram:____" and we'll check it out. Makes it easy to find and we can possibly put it up. The whole JC thing is because we want the page to be unique to the VHL and get away from the Instagram pages that are dedicated to NHL edits (there are a million).

That's the whole point...

Yeah I think he missed the point. We want tons of content, that's why we opened it to everyone and have 3 admins post things for timing reasons. Not sure why there is negatives to that.

Dunno, I'm not into those social media much. I mean, we need to give content that will interest new people. I don't see how someone would be interested in seeing a JC with a logo that he never seen before or with content that nobody new will understand (aka that team won the cup, bla bla bla (the type of content that have been posted on the facebook page)).

I don't know what type of content you guys will do, we will see the result of this. 

Good luck to you guys. 

Fair enough, you said you aren't into social media a lot which is why you might not comprehend this as well. The point is that instagram's hashtags are a huge draw to interests from people. Instagram success and popularity has risen at a better rate than Twitter over the last 3 years. What I always believed is that if social media outlines give you a free outlet to gain exposure, it can't hurt to try and at least see what will happen. 

Why will people be interested when they see a JC? Because they will ask questions to us as to why Stamkos has a Legion logo on it.

The more questions they ask, the more curious they have become and the more intrigue they may have.

Let me ask you this, if we need to get new people and you post a photo of Mark Giordano on Instagram (no JC) how is that different from them going to google and finding a photo of him? It will only interest Flames fans to post something like that. Some of us have had success using Instagram in the past or knowing what exactly will gain a following. It's free, and technically not wasting your time, not sure what the concerns are. I think this is merely complaining or "oddity" questioning for the sake of it.

Who did? It should only be the three working the Instagram.

Caillean pointed something out, are they trying to claim the 1 uncapped for subscribing to the Instagram? Because that was unofficially closed a while ago. Not sure if that was reopened yet, but it should be to get more subscribers if it hasn't.