SUPER CUP ANNOUNCEMENT

Victor

Like they said, it should create a little more excitement and interest with a reward.

I understand why giving out rewards for winning teams will, but I don't really think giving out rewards to the GMs will do anything to create more excitement or interest around it, especially if it's the same for each GM.

I understand why giving out rewards for winning teams will, but I don't really think giving out rewards to the GMs will do anything to create more excitement or interest around it, especially if it's the same for each GM.

It was more so we wanted people to be interested in applying to be a GM. The Super Cup idea got a lot of positive feedback by people who wanted to participate, but putting in the time to be a GM, do a draft and get settled with a team name representing some semblance of history of the league some people might not know about may not interest everyone. The 2 TPE is just an incentive for the work being done and to help ensure that the Super Cup will get as much excitement as possible. 

While you are right that it isn't that much more work than team GM's do, it is arguably more important. If you take over as a GM of an actual team and you have zero interest in creating hype about the team or the roster, phone in drafts, get lazy draft whomever and ramshackle build a team....get taken out as GM who suffers? Your team. The team can rebound or continue down the path under a new GM, but you feel the weight of your team as time goes on as the GM. Building a legacy as a good GM is on you. This is a one time deal every so many seasons. This is meant to be as competitive as fun as possible and entire event that brings the league together. The TPE incentive ensures people apply and take it seriously. At least hopefully they feel more guilty if they don't because they are being "rewarded" for taking the position with a TPE bonus. Serious drafting strategies, creating a locker room for a short period with a collective of newly drafted teams and getting everyone on board and trying to work on strategies and winning. 

Anyway it is fine to disagree with it, but I feel it is easily justified. At least for the early going. If/when the event is established as something that is taken as both fun and serious thing we do every so many seasons then maybe it can be removed but getting ideas like this off the ground it doesn't hurt to throw incentive in there. 

There was also some talk about doing a prediction rewards based on draft positioning or something for the members. Like "Predict the first round and get x TPE based on accuracy" or soemthing like that. The GMs are getting paid a flat amount because they can't participate in something they can influence.

There was also some talk about doing a prediction rewards based on draft positioning or something for the members. Like "Predict the first round and get x TPE based on accuracy" or soemthing like that. The GMs are getting paid a flat amount because they can't participate in something they can influence.

This I could understand.

As for incentive, I think that the TPE incentive for entire teams is something that would motivate the GMs. I don't really subscribe to the 'apply and take it seriously' justification when TPE rewards are already be given out to winners. Theoretically, you could put together a good application and then phone the rest in and you'd still be guaranteed 3 TPE. Giving all GMs an automatic TPE reward just for becoming GMs does nothing to incentivize victory. If you gave the GM of the winner and runner up a TPE reward, that would do what you're claiming this is doing, but giving them all the guaranteed points is no more a motivator than the awards for placing.

Do we have a date set for the draft? Do we want to do it before or after the playoffs end? It'd be nice to get the ball rolling of doing it while the playoffs are still going...but at the same time it could take away from the focus on the playoffs.

Thoughts?