SUPER CUP ANNOUNCEMENT

Victor

• Admin

One of the last announcements made on the old site was about the Super Cup which will be coming to the VHL in the coming S35 off-season. Over the past week or so, the Board of Governors has worked on ironing out the details for this tournaments, so below I will refresh your memory on what it is and run down all the key points.

The Super Cup will be a triennial fantasy draft tournament with 6 teams competing for the trophy in the off-season. The off-season schedule will run as follows:

S35: Super Cup
S36: nothing
S37: World Cup
S38: Super Cup
S39: nothing
S40: World Cup

and so on and so forth.

The 6 teams in the tournaments will be named after various historic figures in the VHL and these names will change based on different themes for every edition. The 6 names will be announced closer to the tournament when GM applications begin (around the end of the regular season).

Each team will be appointed a GM who will select, in a fantasy draft involving the whole league, a minimum roster of 6 forwards, 4 defencemen, and 1 goaltender, with additional players dependent on the pool of available remaining players. The aim is to involve all active members of the VHL.

After the teams are set, the tournament will begin a day or two after the conclusion of the VHL/VHLM playoffs. Each team will play 20 games (meeting every other team 4 times) before a mini-playoff tournament based on standings will establish a Super Cup champion.

Last, but not least, there will be TPE rewards to be reaped from this tournament! Before the Super Cup begins, there will be an opportunity to predict the final standings of the Super Cup with every correctly predicted team gaining the member 1 TPE. Every General Manager will receive 2 TPE for their efforts and there will be a payout for team success:

Champions - 5 TPE
Runners-up - 3 TPE
Everyone else - 1 TPE

Winter The Super Cup is coming.

• 3 weeks later...

I love how all the payout stuff for GM's and all players participating was in the original post and nobody bothered to check. But then GM apps go up and there is a hissy fit.

GM's get pay so people are interested in doing it and because unlike World Cup your not just selecting from a list of players available exclusively to you and your done. This far more depth in building a team and creating a interesting locker room and team atmosphere regarding getting engaged and involved. Considering GM's only receive 2 bloody TPE, I don't think it's crazy.

I love how all the payout stuff for GM's and all players participating was in the original post and nobody bothered to check. But then GM apps go up and there is a hissy fit.

GM's get pay so people are interested in doing it and because unlike World Cup your not just selecting from a list of players available exclusively to you and your done. This far more depth in building a team and creating a interesting locker room and team atmosphere regarding getting engaged and involved. Considering GM's only receive 2 bloody TPE, I don't think it's crazy.

I've brought the bolded up more than once in different threads. I'm not upset or angry or throwing a hissy fit, I'm just wondering what makes this GM job different than the multiple other GM jobs (mostly the World Cup, since I think that's the best comparison) that don't get paid TPE.

I've brought the bolded up more than once in different threads. I'm not upset or angry or throwing a hissy fit, I'm just wondering what makes this GM job different than the multiple other GM jobs (mostly the World Cup, since I think that's the best comparison) that don't get paid TPE.

Yeah, that. 

You say that it's taking time to build a roster and such, but a VHL and VHLM GM do that too. I've always been under the impression that being a GM is a reward in itself and something that people have never really needed TPE incentive to do.