My Thoughts on the Pajodcast In Person Meet Up

Devise

So for those of you who don't know, on the 8th of May, Jericho, (Kyle Snow) Advantage (Chris Miller) and myself (Ryan Power) had an in person hang out/meet up. Kyle and myself traveled to Ontario where Chris is located. We hung out for 10 days and we got up to lots of various activities such as; Indy Wrestling shows, Blue Jays game, doing a Marvel marathon before watching Avengers 2 in theaters, and visiting tons of tourist attractions such as Casa Loma, CN Tower, and the Science Center. 

It was probably the all around best vacation I've ever had. I usually end up going on vacation to other places for other people. Whether it is being dragged to Newfoundland with my family, or having to be the best man at a wedding and landing in Jamaica. For those who don't know, I hate the heat. Honestly there was a bit of hype in my mind about this trip before I left. I road tripped down to Ontario with one of my current roomates, a trip that took us roughly 3 days. We drove around 3400 KM. The day I was scheduled to meet up with Kyle and Chris for a brief second I anticipated, would it be awkward? 

For those who don't know on top of doing a regular podcast with Chris and Kyle I have skyped with them on a regular to semi regular basis for the better part of the last 3 years. However this was my first time ever meeting a group of friends I knew online in person. The moment I saw them however and got into the car? The awkwardness never reared it's head. Realistically speaking it was like meeting two people who I already knew, because in fact I did. I had a laugh as when they pulled up in the SUV, Kyle yells out the window driving in "pew pew pew" and with that the trip was underway. 

On top of the highlights listed, our other highlight was meeting up with Phil from the site at a pub called Hoops in downtown Toronto. Again, another situation where I thought "this is a person I don't see or talk to as regularly, how awkward will it be?" But the moment he showed up and sat down, zero awkwardness. We chatted for a bit over an hour while VHL conversation was in some of the topic, others was our trip, random sports talk and just general conversation. 

Ultimately the lesson of this trip for me was that despite the fact that we are on a site, online, and some of us have reservations about what that means, maybe some have some nervousness etc. We are still all regular ass people behind the keyboards. Jardy is still a bloody farmer who drinks too much. Victor is still British. Brovy is still a CoD loving teen. Boubabi still barely has a grasp on the English language. Phil is still a fun loving dude. A lot of the qualities and attributes most would have on this site can be relayed in person. 

However some qualities aren't. Chris is more of a troll/ "big brother" in person. Kyle is far less of a troll, although he did his best to play up the persona at the right moments. Both Chris and Kyle felt I was more "fun" in person. Granted I had a lot to drink. Speaking of that, I attempted to count everything I drank during my 10 day stay in Ontario and the 3 day drive down, so in the 13 days I was gone. I had near the 60 beer mark during my trip as well as nearly half a bottle of wine at the fancy dinner and some scotch. While I won't argue that Jardy probably drinks more than I do, there was realistically only 2 days the whole time I didn't at least have 3-4 beer or more. Oddly enough I only really got drunk feeling the day we went to the CN tower. Mostly because I had like 6 beers before dinner. 

To close, this to me was a great trip to help solidify and define a friendship, as well as just be so bloody fun. Kyle, Chris and I hope to do it again this time with the platform switching to either Alberta or Moncton. (Please be Alberta, fuck HST!) In the words of apparently me while we were driving from Pickering to Peterborough.....LONT! Thanks for not reading or reading if you did. :P