VHLSC: S45 Rankings #1 - Introductions!

Kendrick

Screen_Shot_2015_06_28_at_5_37_15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_06_29_at_5_44_38_PM.png

Hello everyone! Welcome (back) to the Victory Hockey League Scouting Center's draft rankings and analysis. Last season's draftees are well on their way to VHL clubs at this stage in currently in team training camp to prove their worth right off the bat. That means it's a farewell of those young prospects and a hello to our new draft eligible prospects for this seasons 45th VHL Entry Draft! If you are joining us for the first time and have never seen these draft rankings take place, I want to let you know these are completely honest draft rankings based off what each prospect has shown week to week. They are largely above effected by practice hours said prospect has logged for their given VHLM team during the season. During the course of the year you'll see interactive segments and other statistically based articles that will factor in various other prospect facts. So if are still with me here, sit back and enjoy the Season 45 draft prospects and we'll introduce to them now!

​First and foremost before you dissect the draft board you'll notice we included a nationality column for anyone who likes to see who hails from what nation. That column is more about look than it is about rankings prospects and it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Taking a look at our board we see a big name on top which seems to have "franchise player" written all over himself. That name is Biggu Kyanon who is already tearing up the draft board as a young stud defenseman. Kyanon has the ability to break many pre-draft record at his current pace and so far is pencilled in at the #1 draft spot. Directly behind him is another young defensemen in Phil Hamilton. The English haven't produced many professional hockey players by the means of the draft, however Phil Hamilton is no ordinary Brit. Hamilton is hot on the heels of Kyanon and the two may battle it out for that #1 draft spot. Don't blink though because another draftee has rounded out that three horse race and he plays at a more sought after position. Greg Clegane is behind the two defenseman but his goaltending position puts him at par or above with the other two because of the goaltending need around the VHL.

Another goaltender has come along for the ride this year, which was something we missed last year (Corey Marino and a late Lenny Face). Ariel Weinstein is used to putting his body on the line in net, hailing all the way from Israel. Weinstein isn't quite at the level of the other three already mentioned prospects, but he does have some quality traits that VHL teams will look at. Shortly behind Weinstein comes Max Molholt to the fray, which now sees a very positive first five selections if the draft was held today. Molholt is the first right winger listed on our draft rankings and has a boom or bust feel to him. 

Dropping out of the top five will still net a team a very solid prospect in the form of goaltender Sandro Clegane. Sandro is aforementioned Greg Clegane's brother but it appears the separation in talent between the two has already surfaced early. Anyone who would be selecting seventh would be in for a pretty good treat. Marquis Hyvarinen is brother's to last years prospect Kekko Hyvarinen. Marquis however is the more talkative one with a great hairdo; he also has some solid skills and is on pace to overlap his brother in the gym. Every year there is a certain amount of hype surrounding first generation talent and this year we are blessed. Eighth on our list is young Kazakhstan winger Evgeny Nezhmetdinov who has already shown up to practice big time and is putting on a display. Evgeny is said to have super speed and amazing dangles in the offensive zone.

Moving down to the ninth position is another honour of ours as we get to introduce another first generation talent. Wesley Babiy (translated from Ukraine) is another player we are high on because of his initial production. Babiy has shown that he can compete as our top player at the center position and we will be keeping a close eye on him in the future. Moving down our tenth ranked prospect and proposed first round conclusion we find Bubba Nuck. Nuck is a Vancouver boy with a passion for the game and has shown a great initiative thus far. Nuck is another defensemen joining the flood of them in our rankings. Matt Johnson has turned some heads as well early in our draft rankings. Johnson is a Canadian born player who is the top ranked left wingers on the board and also a first generation talent. 

Maxime Wright comes in at the twelfth position on our list and believe it or not is not a first general talent. Wright also joins the defensemen crop that will see this draft as more about limiting goals than going out to get them. Lee Sang-Hyeok would like to erase that previous sentence as he is hoping to be one of the few South Korean success stories in hockey. Sang-Hyeok is a left winger as well and hopes to provide a scoring touch as a first generation talent. Directly behind him comes Tanner Hynes who is an American born defensemen (and first American on this list). Hynes has an uphill battle but all sigs are saying he is a good find for any team.

At the fifteenth position we find Michael Burch who is the second of two England born players in this draft. Of course like the previous Brit, this one is also a defensemen vying for a top spot. Following Burch comes Matt Gatsby who apparently might have a relation to the famous Leo DiCaprio character in film. Matt is a right winger and not yet a billionaire, but given the tools he has he might make it there with his hockey skills. A late edition to our draft pool was Azor Ahai who has so far showed up for training camp and doesn't look to shabby. Ahai is another left winger who is looking to compete with the rest of the young potential stars at his respected position. At the eighteenth position we find the Waterboy himself, Bobby Boucher representing centermen. Boucher has actually come around lately and we expect him to climb for next weeks rankings. 

The last three prospects have been somewhat missing from both training and team functions. Benjamin Bellamont, M. Nocturne Shamalamalamalon and Danger Van der Merwe have all entered the draft process with paperwork but we haven't been able to scout them thus far. if their General Managers and teammates could include them and get them practicing that would be a major difference this draft has over the previous one.

I hope everyone enjoyed getting to know who our prospects are this year and what type of draft we can expect from them. I would hope everyone has healthy competition and helps out the younger of the prospects to be just as good as the veterans. Of course if any prospect has questions or ponders how to do anything in our league, my inbox is always open and I usually reply fairly fast. If you need a quick answer just fire up the ol' chat machine and launch your question into the VHLSC universe. Happy TPE earning and make sure to check out all the TPE eligible areas for you including the VHL & VHLM Fantasy Zones coming soon!

this

I know, I think people think I do it to spite him for some strange reason. At first I did it because he sees the page but didn't update. Now I joking throw it in there every rankings to see if he notices.

I know, I think people think I do it to spite him for some strange reason. At first I did it because he sees the page but didn't update. Now I joking throw it in there every rankings to see if he notices.

I thought we'd be done with it now that it's not my season anymore

Not sure what you eluding too. I do that to jokingly bug Jason, not to spark a war.

What he's eluding to had nothing to do with anything you've written, but rather it's about the strength of the draft class.

• Head Moderator

thanks for the shout-out kenny. 

Sorry tfong, but as much as I love you and want to be under you... I'd rather be on top gigitty. 

Sorry can't hear you, you need to speak a little louder over my cup wins.

Sorry can't hear you, you need to speak a little louder over my cup wins.

DICK MOVE! 

Mind you, I have won a World Cup and A Continental Cup within the last 10 days - the fuck have you done? ;)

Must destroy Phil.

Must destroy greg Victor

Edited by Phil

• Head Moderator

DICK MOVE!

Mind you, I have won a World Cup and A Continental Cup within the last 10 days - the fuck have you done? ;)

Must destroy greg Victor

Seriously not much, your gf has been keeping me up pretty much all those nights you were away.

Hard knock life.

(Yes I know, low hanging fruit hahaha)

Edited by tfong