Wingate hits 500 TPE for... 29th place

CalgaryLate.jpg

Calgary, AB -- Calgary Wranglers goaltender Hans Wingate has reached an important milestone. If he receives even five points for an article recently submitted to the league office, then Wingate will reach 500 TPE this week, becoming the second player from the Warren agency to hit this mark. He also would be the third player from the Wranglers and the first of the S43 draft class there.

However, that's not to say that Wingate is in the upper echelon of VHL players. You want an indication of how strong the VHL can be? Wingate's 500 TPE lets him sit in a grand total of 29th place in the VHL, judging by the season's initial TPE index. And that's after the retirement of many top players last year, and including just seven players from the S37 and S38 draft classes combined.

All told, there's a large amount of top-flight talent in the VHL, and it's talent that is relatively spread out as well. Six different teams feature at least three players with 500 TPE (including Davos's McJustice besting the mark this week), while Seattle has two of their own.

"I'm a second-year player; I'm not supposed to be among the TPE leaders," Wingate said. "Still, it's interesting to see just how long I have to go to be near the top. The VHL demands excellence, and I'm driven to keep delivering it."