Sterling Reflects on 8 Years

sterling

Wow! I can't believe I've aged so much since this began. As I said in the announcements page, I had just recently graduated high school when the league started up. Having been experienced in sim leagues before through Pensfan's ill-fated DHL, I figured the VHL wouldn't last for more than a few seasons as per usual. Thankfully, the league had some strong leadership from the beginning with Scottty, Brooks and Noiles. As they say, the rest is history.

Back in 2007, I didn't have a great handle on what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I was an adequate high school student working a crappy fast food joiny job. The VHL actually helped me a great deal in becoming a better writer. I think it also helped me gain better leadership skills. Moreover, there's something special to be said for belonging to a community like this. I've seen it change a lot over the years, but to spend formative years with some of the same people (friends) really helps to establish a more sentimental achievement that no other internet site has for me.

I feel like the league has a solid community and solid leadership that will help to aid us in continuing for many years to come. I'm not as active now as I have been in the past as age has finally caught up to me, but as always, I see myself hanging around to add small input here and there and to watch the league continue to evolve. I'm very proud of this site and what it has become. So here's to eight years and many more.

:cheers:

• 4 months later...

Thread-jacking!

47 fucking seasons - congratulations to everyone who has been involved and helped build this community! I like checking back every now and then to make sure its still kicking, I never would've thought it would last this long! It must've been that great leadership early on ^_^

8 years ago I was in Grade 10 - a lot has changed since then but the passion for hockey lives on. Was reminiscing about old hobbies with friends last night and the VHL immediately came to mind. I spent a lot of time on this forum and have some great memories! 

Still waiting for my HOF induction... B) Maybe by Season 100? 

Cheers

Noiles

Thread-jacking!

47 fucking seasons - congratulations to everyone who has been involved and helped build this community! I like checking back every now and then to make sure its still kicking, I never would've thought it would last this long! It must've been that great leadership early on ^_^

8 years ago I was in Grade 10 - a lot has changed since then but the passion for hockey lives on. Was reminiscing about old hobbies with friends last night and the VHL immediately came to mind. I spent a lot of time on this forum and have some great memories! 

Cheers

Noiles

Come back and recreate :3

Thread-jacking!

Cheers

Noiles

Should consider re-creating. Not sure when you were last here, but I have a feeling you'll be surprised how much easier it is to earn TPE and make a "decent" player.

Thread-jacking!

Cheers

Noiles

I think it would only be fitting if I was the first to say: "Get bent Noiles!"