Jerrick Poole Left in Limbo

Returning to that salary bracket shenanigans, whats the point of having a finance cut off if it can be ruled off at anytime? I can confirm that when gorlab and me had a discussion about it, those tpe were updated in their thread and afterward Coach might have see their new bracket

• Admin

I'm fairly certain the brackets went up after the season started. It's only fair for that to be dealt with during the season as well as a result.

Much like the old recurring debate about VHLM cut-off (which died down recently). If someone updated after season start, I, to not fuck them over and let them stay down, allowed the player to remove the TPE which put them over.

Its the GM job to look at that before the cut off. It happened to me with gorlab (asking him to stay under a precise number to help my cap situation) and I even contacted Victor to confirm him that one of my player should be in a higher salary bracket cuz he updated after the cut off tpe that were earned before the cut off

I'm fairly certain the brackets went up after the season started. It's only fair for that to be dealt with during the season as well as a result.Much like the old recurring debate about VHLM cut-off (which died down recently). If someone updated after season start, I, to not fuck them over and let them stay down, allowed the player to remove the TPE which put them over.

they weren't update because those 2 players didn't had their update thread updated. But, they updated with tpe that were earned before the cutoff and only those were counted to make their bracket go up

This is like two teams making a trade in the NHL, with one of the teams sending 'future considerations' and then a season later being like "Hey, guess what, we changed our mind. Tough luck buddy!"

When two GM's agree to a trade, whether it's in public or private, it should be honoured, regardless. You can't go back on a deal that's in place because a GM stepped down and the new GM doesn't like the deal.

When Molholt took over TOR, he took over the existing roster and the agreed upon future trades. Point blank period.

they weren't update because those 2 players didn't had their update thread updated. But, they updated with tpe that were earned before the cutoff and only those were counted to make their bracket go up

So did Lloyd Light. As an Updater I was looking at various players around the league, he had updated the same dates and gone over but somehow was under the lower bracket. Strange.

Also the blue team didn't force Jala, nowhere in the BOG did it say he was even been discussed by Edgar. Edgar went ahead and did that himself.

Also if players update beyond a tpe tier, they are then in that new tier. If they had realized BEFORE the cut-off date, to not update over that point and potentially sacrafice TPE to stay under the tier, that's 100% fine (that's what I had to do).

Not this bullshit where 3 weeks into a season, the GM realizes he doesn't have the cap room to make a trade, and then gets the league to remove X amount of tpe and pretend that these players HADN'T updated past their tier.

So did Lloyd Light. As an Updater I was looking at various players around the league, he had updated the same dates and gone over but somehow was under the lower bracket. Strange.

Link or shut your ass up.

I'm pretty sure that Light would have been in the same bracket. But thst brings me back to a situation with advantage and brick wahl. Wahl didn't gave up tpe before the cutoff which made him go in the other bracket. He saw that right after and he needed the trade zadorov for that mistake. Why should we change the rule now?

• Admin

This is like two teams making a trade in the NHL, with one of the teams sending 'future considerations' and then a season later being like "Hey, guess what, we changed our mind. Tough luck buddy!"

When two GM's agree to a trade, whether it's in public or private, it should be honoured, regardless. You can't go back on a deal that's in place because a GM stepped down and the new GM doesn't like the deal.

When Molholt took over TOR, he took over the existing roster and the agreed upon future trades. Point blank period.

http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/4-vhl-rule-book/

6.2 – Future Considerations

Future conditions of ANY kind are not allowed to be dealt. If any move is made in the future to undermine this rule, the trade can be overruled at the commissioner's discretion. This includes trades with a condition which blatantly bypasses the draft pick trading laws outlines in section 6.3

Oh wow, quoting the rule book huh? Good one Vicky, gooooood one.

This is horse shit and you know it. Draper and Higgins need to get KO'd and that's on my life. This sim-league power has gone straight to their head, guaranteed both are frail AF irl.

Oh wow, quoting the rule book huh? Good one Vicky, gooooood one.

This is horse shit and you know it. Draper and Higgins need to get KO'd and that's on my life. This sim-league power has gone straight to their head, guaranteed both are frail AF irl.

Come get us with a fade

No seriously come, we need all the tourists we can get out here, please we need the money.

Also if players update beyond a tpe tier, they are then in that new tier. If they had realized BEFORE the cut-off date, to not update over that point and potentially sacrafice TPE to stay under the tier, that's 100% fine (that's what I had to do).

Not this bullshit where 3 weeks into a season, the GM realizes he doesn't have the cap room to make a trade, and then gets the league to remove X amount of tpe and pretend that these players HADN'T updated past their tier.

3 weeks?!?! dang you must of caught a serious fade and been KO'd that whole time.

in all seriousness, why doesn't stockholm just even it up with draft picks? you have them.

i almost went ape shit on jala when he told me what the trade was.  the GM changed because jala backed out.  no agreement was made with the current GM and he doesn't want to send his team into a 6 year rebuild, which is what would happen if he didn't get more out of this deal.

put in some draft picks, even the trade up, and proceed with a great team

Edited by CoachReilly

suck more HC Davos Dick, higgins.

this has happened countless times, and the salary thread is the only thing that took awhile to have updated. i messaged the commissioners literally the day after you changed the brackets (which was after the season began FYI), the review happened within 2-3 days, and the team finance thread took a week or so to update.

so - the trade at the end of the day was going to be...?

To   :tor:

RW -Teuvo Ruutu (S41) [iNACTIVE; hasn't updated since June 8] - 407 TPE

D - Jack Kowalski (S41) [iNACTIVE; hasn't updated since April 27] - 506 TPE

RW - Joseph Roy (S42) [iNACTIVE; hasn't updated since March 31] - 333 TPE

To   :sto:

:tor:  S45 3rd

D - Jerrick Poole (S40) [ACTIVE] - 772 TPE

RW - Shadhu Rathod (S40) [ACTIVE] - 470 TPE

C - Tyson Stokes (S39) [ACTIVE] - 605 TPE

I don't think molholt's a dick for doing his best not to drag Toronto into a 7-season rebuild.