Claimed:Fire Oslo GM, or Have the Watchmen Beat Them [Final 6/6]

Baozi

• Head Moderator

Jacques_Lemaire.jpg

Fire the Oslo GM, Watchmen need to beat the Storm

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

It was boring to watch the New Jersey Devils, it was boring to watch the Minnesota Wild, boring to watch any team that Lemaire coaches, and of course its been really boring watching the Oslo Storm. Of course anyone on the Storm possibly could tell you that it is more important to get the W and lead the standings. What they don’t know is that how they are winning is a huge detriment to the game because due to their defensive posture, which has been hard to beat this season, the Storm have slowed down the action to the point where the secondary markets are flooded with season holder tickets. No mistake that system works to get wins, but it is mind numbingly boring to watch. The Oslo Storm are as entertaining as watching paint dry and it really is not good for the league in the long run. VHLM team cycles are typically fairly short so if you lose a fan, you may lose them forever as the marketing campaigns of VHLM teams are not nearly as robust as say, the NHL where they pumped enough money to gain back fans after their lockout season.

Oslo is leading the European conference with a 25-8-1 record right now, but with only 85 goals scored for, this puts them 5th in the league. Their top scorers are Giovanni Reuel and Le’Sean Coutzen both of whom were touted as strong dynamic playmakers. Both only have 31 points in 34 games. In a league that stresses development of young players to enable them to get to the next level, this is a terrible development path for many of these young kids that are having their creativity smothered and having them play defense first games.  Brampton GM commented on Coutzen, whom had played for Brampton previously,

“Couts is a great player, I saw it when he was with us last season. He started off the season at 0.42 points per game with the Watchmen, and when we acquired him his production began growing. He jumped to 0.67 points per game and had 37 points in 40 games playing mostly even strength minutes. He is a naturally strong two-way guy, good on the dots and had tremendous vision. I figured he would take the next step here in his final VHLM season but it just hasn’t really happened now and I think it has to do with the system he plays in. I think they are employing him in the wrong capacity and system and until they change the system or he plays in a more offense orientated style, it is going to stunt his growth. As it stands right now he probably wouldn’t even get more than half his bonus development from the system playing this way. I mean look at some of the other guys that are suffering in this system. Ken Anderson had 100 points in 72 games last season, he is on pace for 26 this season. Supa Hotfire had 48 points, he is on pace for 34. Goody had 128 points last season, yeah he is going to have 44 or 45 at the current rate. I could bet you that they would turn Scotty Campbell into only PPG player honestly. We can’t allow this to continue, the fans are leaving the arena seats empty in droves. I spoke to the financial stats guy for the league and Oslo has not had higher than 25% attendance since early in the season when they discovered how the team was playing. They are just stifling player creativity and offense on that side and I hope they change it soon as they have to realize that if the fans don’t like it, the team is going to lose its financial foundation. Someone needs to beat the boredom of their system so it doesn’t get employed anymore, preferably Bratislava or something. Otherwise if all teams decide to adopt similar systems, we as a league are headed for bankruptcy.” – Terence Fong, Brampton GM

TxtF35dM.jpeg

Edited by tfong

• Head Moderator

Should've fired you for never keeping up with current events.

Also, I'd argue seeing Stevens lift the cup three times wasn't boring at all!

I no watch VHL drama cable :P I no cause troubru, just run ma team and get dem dubbyas.

At least when Stevens was around, I got to see him crush people on the ice. Poor Kariya....

Edited by tfong

I no watch VHL drama cable :P I no cause troubru, just run ma team and get dem dubbyas.

At least when Stevens was around, I got to see him crush people on the ice. Poor Kariya....

Plus that was when my Devils were lethal.

• Head Moderator

Plus that was when my Devils were lethal.

So yeah take out the entertainment factor of a highly skilled Elias in his prime years where he was amazing. Take out the bone crunching highlight reel hits of Stevens and the amazing saves of a young Brodeur and you're watching Oslo.

So yeah take out the entertainment factor of a highly skilled Elias in his prime years where he was amazing. Take out the bone crunching highlight reel hits of Stevens and the amazing saves of a young Brodeur and you're watching Oslo.

There was more to the team than that. You want boring compare them to the Calgary Flames.

Content: 2/3  Well, what the fuck do you expect when the GM is a Chelsea fan? Ofc there's going to be defensive boring games being played. I am shocked (sarcasm). Because you did not make this obvious link, I have deducted a point. 

Grammar: 1/2 Some small things - that all add up to give your words less and less credit with each mistake you made...

- the marketing campaigns of VHLM teams is are not 

- but with only 85 goals scored for, putting this puts them 5th in the league.

- the wWatchmen

- two-way

- and had has tremendous

Appearance: 0.5/1 Kinda boring, but I suppose that's fitting with the article's nature.  You also randomly changed fonts mid-way through a paragraph so suck it. 

Total: 3.5/6 <-- this rounds down to a 2, so you may just wanna go back to claiming welfare.

If DollarAndADream wants he can just change this to a 6/6 and move on...

but I wouldn't.

Edited by Phil

da fuq why are you even defending Oslo, go home Phil you're drunk

Not defending them at all - I hate defensive boring styles of play. I'm just pointing out that fong didnt make the obvious link between Jason and his lover Mourinho