Premier League Talk 15/16

• Admin

Chelsea  :P  Not going so well at the moment. Several players underperforming. You can only guess why? 

Mourinho going to be kicked out soon? Few similar results and that is going to be close.

Mourinho and third seasons have that effect.

2006/07 - no trophies, left soon into 07/08

only spent two seasons at Inter

2012/13 - no trophies, left after pissing off half the team

I'm not sure what the problem is. Conceding two goals per game is a no-no but surely it wasn't just Terry being great last season which somehow masked all the problems. How is it possible that the whole back four becomes inept over the summer?

Attacking wise it's still good, even better with Pedro and Falcao is looking at his best in a while. It's just defending which I never thought I'd say.

City are gonna win the league though.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Conceding two goals per game is a no-no but surely it wasn't just Terry being great last season which somehow masked all the problems. How is it possible that the whole back four becomes inept over the summer?

Attacking wise it's still good, even better with Pedro and Falcao is looking at his best in a while. It's just defending which I never thought I'd say.

no doubt

Ivanovic is choking as fuck. Palace took advantage of him every time.

Mou had a hint of genius, playing Kenedy on d when he's supposed to be a striker, and he actually played rather well - but could you sub him for Ivanovic instead of fucking Azpi? Azpi did mediocre, which is 10x what Ivanovic did. Ivanovic is playing like he deserves League Two.

That Mourinho attacking the medical team and banning Eva from the games did not help at all. I imagine she was quite popular among the players :P  

Apparently Chelsea is using higher D line than last season which does not suit the Chelsea defenders so much. Not the fastest or the most agile defense in the world. Also Matic and Cesc underperforming heavily does not help the defenders at all. 

Hazard has also been quite bad so far especially when you compare to last season. He was the player who could usually create something out of nowhere and help the team to win. 

• Admin

Should give the new Baba Rahman fella a run at left-back, switch Azpilicueta to the right (that's where he played before Mourinho).

Willian needs to fuck right off from the first team with his wayward passing, shooting, and general midtable level of football. Move Fabregas in number 10 role, alternate with Oscar if need be. Or even with Costa with Falcao up front like in their Atletico heyday. Hazard and Pedro down the wings is fine as it is.

Matic needs someone alongside him who is capable of defending so I guess Mikel? Sad times.

Should give the new Baba Rahman fella a run at left-back, switch Azpilicueta to the right (that's where he played before Mourinho).

Willian needs to fuck right off from the first team with his wayward passing, shooting, and general midtable level of football. Move Fabregas in number 10 role, alternate with Oscar if need be. Or even with Costa with Falcao up front like in their Atletico heyday. Hazard and Pedro down the wings is fine as it is.

Matic needs someone alongside him who is capable of defending so I guess Mikel? Sad times.

Matic has been terrible as well.  No idea how these players can play so poorly all of a sudden. Interesting to see next few games. Especially if Chelsea loses them  :P  

I've been concerned for a while about the prospect of Romero being our starting goalie for the season, but this game just made me even more concerned. His distribution was shit, he came out several times when he didn't have to and he should have done a lot better with the second goal. 

Rooney continued his miserable premier league form as well. Gave the ball away cheaply which led to the first goal because Darmian was out of position when Rooney gave it away, had chances he could have done a lot better with as well. 

I've been concerned for a while about the prospect of Romero being our starting goalie for the season, but this game just made me even more concerned. His distribution was shit, he came out several times when he didn't have to and he should have done a lot better with the second goal. 

Rooney continued his miserable premier league form as well. Gave the ball away cheaply which led to the first goal because Darmian was out of position when Rooney gave it away, had chances he could have done a lot better with as well. 

Man Utd might buy Cillesen from Ajax if Real Madrid gets De Gea.  He more than likely will take the starting role.   

Would not surprise me if Man Utd buys a striker  and use Rooney as number 10 or something.

Edited by jRuutu

• Admin

Fortunately for the rest of us, strikers aren't just lying around waiting to be picked up by van Gaal and his terrible philosophy.

I'm very glad City are the only team to have bothered coming out for the first 4 games, it could have been much worse for Chelsea.

Fortunately for the rest of us, strikers aren't just lying around waiting to be picked up by van Gaal and his terrible philosophy.

I'm very glad City are the only team to have bothered coming out for the first 4 games, it could have been much worse for Chelsea.

Interesting to see what happens during the last day of the transfer window... City has looked really good so far. 

Looks like United are splashing the cash on Monaco's Martial. I like him quite a bit and he should be a good striker, but not this season.

Yea more than likely going to take some time get used to playing in England.  

Interesting signing though. Going to be fun to watch how his career starts in Man utd!

e... 36 million pounds? daaamnn.. thats a lot of money for young striker :o

Edited by jRuutu